CFN ranks Neb 17...

GSG

Also, for anyone with ESPN Insider, there is a preview of Nebraska posted today plus a wrap-up of Ivan Maisel's chat about the Big 12 media day/season preview. Unfortunately, Insider costs money, money that I am not willing to spend, otherwise I would just copy it all and post it here for everyone to read. FoxSports will have their preview of the Big Red Machine on August 15th, since I'm on the subject.

Personally, I don't hate ND. I just hate the way the media always makes them out to be one of the best teams every year. They could lose all their starters and the entire coaching staff, but the media would still predict that they are going to destroy all of their opponents and win title after title. I just thought it was nice to see some coverage that isn't as biased as most media outlets.

Personally, I don't hate ND. I just hate the way the media always makes them out to be one of the best teams every year. They could lose all their starters and the entire coaching staff, but the media would still predict that they are going to destroy all of their opponents and win title after title. I just thought it was nice to see some coverage that isn't as biased as most media outlets.

Damn, I thought it was penn state they did that for. :lol:

Uhh, guys?

Notre Dame IS worthy of a top-five selection, at least at this point. They'll score almost at will, making up for a suspect defense.

Now, will that defense get them in trouble, and could they lose a couple of games as a result? Sure.

But as of now, ND should be ranked ahead of us.

Why is ND worthy of top 5? They barely got in their bowl game and they lost it. Doesnt matter look at their schedule

Sept. 2 at Georgia Tech- Reggie Ball & Calivin Johnson, aganinst a bad defense, upset?

Sept. 9 PENN STATE- Penn State has the advantage defensivly by a lot, and with Derrick Williams could make plays to beat the Irish

Sept. 16 MICHIGAN- Hart and Henne should come together for a win here

Sept. 23 at Michigan State- Drew Stanton could make anything happen

Sept. 30 PURDUE- W

Oct. 7 STANFORD- W

Oct. 21 UCLA- Could be tough

Oct. 28 at Navy (Baltimore, Md.)- W

Nov. 4 NORTH CAROLINA- Joe Dailey wins the game on a last second TD :rollin

Nov. 11 at Air Force-W

Nov. 18 ARMY- W

Nov. 25 at USC- Last game of the season USC will have some experince by then

I see them losing 2-3 anyway so who cares, but for us, 17th is great and we should move up quick and a lot throughout the season and prolly never fall out the top 25, that will be great to see that little number week to week

Uhh, guys?

Notre Dame IS worthy of a top-five selection, at least at this point. They'll score almost at will, making up for a suspect defense.

Now, will that defense get them in trouble, and could they lose a couple of games as a result? Sure.

But as of now, ND should be ranked ahead of us.

Ohio St. thought differently. If you look at the teams ND faced last year, you see quite a few of the opponents they scored on at will.. well, everybody scored on those guys at will. Notre Dame is not worthy of a top 5 selection. They have no defense! They have a good offense that pisses itself once they go up against a defense.

I also like the lower ranking. As far as ND goes, their stats from last year were inflated by the lack of competition on their schedule. They only played 3 or 4 teams with a winning record. When they actually did play better teams they were held to average performances. I'm not saying they don't have the ability, I'm just saying they might not be THAT good considering the teams they played last year.

Why does NEbraska hate ND so much?

I don't think that there is a hatred for the school/team as much as there is a resentment for the praise and attention that they have undeservedly received by the national media, while the Huskers have had to earn every ounce of praise they have ever received. I have kind of resigned myself to this being the way things are and not worrying about it too much. I know several Irish fans and it is fun to tease them because every year, they buy all the hype that is pushed on them.