RIP John Lewis

John Lewis is everything we should want in humanity and especially in politicians.

We are better for having him grace the Earth. Even on his deathbed he had his mind on the work that was yet to be done and an eye on a better future for everyone.

Can't really put into words what we lost. Rest in power.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

The racist in chief is done paying lip service to Rep. Lewis after literally a few hours.

Which, honestly, I'm kinda fine with. It's not for Trump to honor a man like John Lewis. He doesn't know how, frankly, and his paltry efforts yesterday were comically inadequate.

It's best left to those who understood his work to honor the man. Trump can get back to what he does best... which is twitter rants, I guess.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, knapplc said:

The racist in chief is done paying lip service to Rep. Lewis after literally a few hours.

Which, honestly, I'm kinda fine with. It's not for Trump to honor a man like John Lewis. He doesn't know how, frankly, and his paltry efforts yesterday were comically inadequate.

It's best left to those who understood his work to honor the man. Trump can get back to what he does best... which is twitter rants, I guess.

Bad morning for Trump. His Chris Wallace interview was a trainwreck. I don't know if he thought it would be friendly because it was Fox or whatever but he did awful.

The bolded is right. It's why the Congressional Black Caucus told Trump to just buzz off and let others mourn in peace.