**Lou Tech pre-game thread**

Nicholls will be a tougher game. You should have no problem with LA TECH. I was telling my girlfriend (who is the reason I am following Husker football) that if you guys aren't up by 3 TD's at half then something is wrong. This will be a very bad opening weekend for the Sun Belt, since North Texas will be down by 80 at half to Texas. By they way nice board. You guys should stop by our Texas State board sometime, www.bobcatfans.com. Good luck this weekend. We will be watching the game on Fox before heading to Bobcat Stadium for an opener that should be as out of hand as yours should be, in our favor.

:wtf

Allright, I've been reading the board for about a week or so, to learn about your team this year, but the above post drove me to register and reply, Tech is not even in the Sunbelt, Nicholls will get creamed by Tech on the 16th, and yes our team is young and has lots of potential, but I am pretty sure that Tech will be a much tougher game than Nicholls St. I really did not know people that go to TSU were that stupid, it almost embarresses me that I am a Texas resident.

Allright, I've been reading the board for about a week or so, to learn about your team this year, but the above post drove me to register and reply, Tech is not even in the Sunbelt, Nicholls will get creamed by Tech on the 16th, and yes our team is young and has lots of potential, but I am pretty sure that Tech will be a much tougher game than Nicholls St. I really did not know people that go to TSU were that stupid, it almost embarresses me that I am a Texas resident.

Welcome to the Board.

We understand about as well as any set of fans how emotions can run high, but please - no personal attacks. Attack the post, not the poster. Thanks.

Allright, I've been reading the board for about a week or so, to learn about your team this year, but the above post drove me to register and reply,  Tech is not even in the Sunbelt, Nicholls will get creamed by Tech on the 16th, and yes our team is young and has lots of potential, but I am pretty sure that Tech will be a much tougher game than Nicholls St. I really did not know people that go to TSU were that stupid, it almost embarresses me that I am a Texas resident.

Welcome to the Board.

We understand about as well as any set of fans how emotions can run high, but please - no personal attacks. Attack the post, not the poster. Thanks.

That's cool, but if you have anymore uninformed D1AA posters, that talk nonsense about my school, it will be hard to resist. :thumbs

Allright, I've been reading the board for about a week or so, to learn about your team this year, but the above post drove me to register and reply,  Tech is not even in the Sunbelt, Nicholls will get creamed by Tech on the 16th, and yes our team is young and has lots of potential, but I am pretty sure that Tech will be a much tougher game than Nicholls St. I really did not know people that go to TSU were that stupid, it almost embarresses me that I am a Texas resident.

Welcome to the Board.

That's cool, but if you have anymore uninformed D1AA posters, that talk nonsense about my school, it will be hard to resist. :thumbs

We understand - believe me, we do. And thanks for trying to resist. What we've found is that flame wars tend to derail threads. We've created a forum - the Woodshed - where you can "cut loose", so if you feel you really need to blast someone, just post in the current thread inviting them to the Woodshed and have fun there.

The Woodshed is "opt-in", meaning that if you want to access it, just PM me or any Mod or Admin for the password.

I will be very concerned if they end up with 260 yards passing. New QB, hostile stadium. Talent not on the same level. They get 260 we better be very worried about SC

You're probably right. I just didn't see them getting much on the ground at all. If they are going to move the ball, they will need to pass. I don't know how ready our DBs are. Grixby worries me because, last year, he turned around too late for the ball. Don't know about Fluellen, Spain or Jones in coverage. Green plays well...but he's not a shut-down CB. With "rookie" mistakes, it's possible the LaTech could catch our DBs out of position. I just think that it will take a couple of games for the DBs to gel. 260 is probably too much, though - especially with the pressure we'll be giving their QB. We'll see. At this point, it's all conjecture.