Prediction

You may all think that I am nuts and I could very well be wrong in this prediction but I believe that at least on eof our running backs will leave the program. There are just to many talented backs to keep happy with playing time. This a good problem to have don't get me wrong but, you have to admit most all of our running backs could start at just about any school. Thoughts?

good line or bad line does not make up for the fact that we are overloaded with potentialy great backs and they all want playing time or to be the man. i hope BC can satisfy their needs and keep them but there is only so many carries per game/season and for these kids, they feel it is their shot at the gold and glory of the nfl

I don't think any will leave, but if one does it will be Lucky. I know he wasn't satisfied with his playing time last year, so it will be interesting to see how he develops. The first few games will give us a good look at the backs, and by the USC game, the staff should have the depth chart set up for them.

One of the things I like about A&M is our types of backs. We have a Senior Courtney Louis who is a standard speed/agile back. We have Javorskie "J-Train" Lane who is almost like a fullback. He just powers forward like a dumptruck. i've seen him drag 4 guys into the endzone. And we have new fish Michael Goodson. The best RB in Texas out of HS last year.

A&M should finally have a decent Running Game this year.

Ljax - If he doesnt play ST this year i see the coaches talking him into RS'ing... that way he will be around one more year compared to the other backs. I know he thought about transferring but he decided to stick it out, had he transferred he would have sat out a year anyways, maybe he can look to the future and see the value is RSing

Bjax - will get more carries this year than he had last year... he is talented and has been in the system the longest but was just injured a lot last year.

Glenn - who will see a good bit of action, he picked things up the best last year and he has good size to pick up blocks. He will be a situational back at the very least, and he seems very unselfish anyways.

Kenny wilson - only has 2 years and if he transfers now that means another year to sit out which wont happen...

lucky - who you guys mentioned before... the sky is the limit for him, but he could just as easily get swallowed in the Depth chart if he doesn't make his move, then i see him transferring.

here is my prediction on this subject. Bjax and Wilson are not going anywhere.

Bjax playing time might be limited because of the shoulder injury that he had.

Wilson's playing time will depend on how fast he picks up the offense, and how fast he learns to pick up blitzes. If he cant block then he wont play much.

Lucky, Glenn, and Ljax will battle all through fall camp and 1 of the 3 will probably red shirt, which most likely will be Ljax because of not playing offense last year.

but who knows, one of the five might get hurt in practice, in a game, or riding a motorcycle, moped, or a fatchick

I really dont think that Ljax, Lucky or Glenn will transfer

my opinion for what it is worth

For what it's worth, this is what I think will happen:

Kenny Wilson- Will become a wingback

Marlon Lucky- Will share playing time about 50/50 as #1 RB (will be used on first and second downs, or third and longs)

Cody Glenn- Will share playing time about 50/50 as #1 RB (will be used on 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and short and in the red zone)

Brandon Jackson- Will be behind Lucky and Glenn at RB

Leon Jackson- Will be a kick/punt returner and will be used on trick plays. He will line up at various positions such as wingback, RB, and WR.

I hope that everyone will stay on board, but the only ones I could see jumping ship would be Leon Jackson (he already kind of did once) and POSSIBLY Marlon Lucky, but probably not. With any luck NU will be able to incorporate them all into their offensive schemes in such a way that we can utilize all of their talents. That way everyone is a winner! :) Good luck BC!

I don't see any of them transfering. Leon had his chance and had second thoughts about and now is back with the team. I agree that Lucky would be the man most likely to transfer, but I think he is going to be a main staple in this offense this year at either running or catching the football. I don't see him transfering. The other three, I don't see as selfish players that would transfer.

My guess is Brandon Jackson will be our starter. He was even with Cory last year and did well with blocking assignment.

Never seeing Wilson, but hearing alot about him. He stays.

Cody Glen is the most intriguing of the group. Has a great work ethic (did you see the arms and that kid today), and would never quit.

Leon Jackson has showed he has the ability to quit. I was on his bandwagon, I like what he brings to the table. He seems the most likely to leave or RedShirt

Marlon, I just do not think the work effort is there. I do not see a great back and I question his ability to grasp the offense. He is not leaving to start over someplace else.