Coaches Poll is out

GSG

I've gotta say I think 22 is a little low. I also just cannot accept Notre Dame being #3 with USC. USC has way more talent and Notre Dame has little depth and no defense. Notre Dame is one Brady Quinn broken ankle from being a 4 or 5 loss team.

22nd works for me.  It is a nice starting point.  Just think what a win at USC would do :o

absolutely nothing. everybody will say that USC wasnt a good team, just like after we beat Michigan last year.

I dis agree, USC is still in everyones top 5 and have top recruiting classes the past 5 years. IMO they are in better shape to reload than Texas is. A win by NU at USC will be huge and Nu will get a 8-10 spot jump in the polls with the win.

22nd works for me.  It is a nice starting point.  Just think what a win at USC would do :o

absolutely nothing. everybody will say that USC wasnt a good team, just like after we beat Michigan last year.

I dis agree, USC is still in everyones top 5 and have top recruiting classes the past 5 years. IMO they are in better shape to reload than Texas is. A win by NU at USC will be huge and Nu will get a 8-10 spot jump in the polls with the win.

There will be a jump, but more like 5-8 spots depending on what else happens that weekend. I know it probably won't happen, but I hope we stomp them.

I've gotta say I think 22 is a little low. I also just cannot accept Notre Dame being #3 with USC. USC has way more talent and Notre Dame has little depth and no defense. Notre Dame is one Brady Quinn broken ankle from being a 4 or 5 loss team.

a lot of people say we are one broken ankle of taylor away from a 5+ loss season. I agree they are a little high in the polls, but it doesn't matter what they THINK is going to happen.

On a non-Husker side of the polls, week two of the college season will have 1 vs 2 in Ohio State and Texas, unless one of them loses to Alaska Tech State or something. Should be a good game.

I like the spot for the Huskers to start. Win against USC and they should jump near or into the top 10. This spot gives them plenty of room to go up, and plenty motivation for the "low" spot in the polls.