2021 Spring Notes - Linebackers

• 1 month later...

Of the newcomers, Chinander is impressed by where Ho’ohuli is at physically, given he was the biggest unknown for the staff.

“Wynden was the one guy we hadn’t really seen either as a sophomore or junior and he came in looking like a million bucks,” Chinander said.

Because of summer rules, Chinander won’t be able to work directly with the summer arrivals directly yet, but right now all are getting acclimated with Zach Duval.

“They look the part,” he said. “They are down there with Coach Duval right now. I’m excited to work with those guys.

One of the early enrollees that had the biggest adjustment proved to handle it with ease, as Malcom came to Lincoln in January from Fremont-Mills, an 8-man football school.

Chinander said he had little doubt Malcom would flourish because he met the primary objective when they rolled the tape. He stood out immediately.

“The 8-man thing has never bothered me," he said. "You just have to be the best guy on the field — which he was. I tell coach (Scott) Frost all the time it is not like you were playing the highest level of Nebraska football and everybody seemed to be able to find you. Let’s find the best guys that fit our program the best, the bodies that we want and the people that we want. Seth was one of those.

“The game moves a little faster and there’s more people on the field. He had to learn a couple positions because he’s never seen those guys before. Him and Randolph Kpai have been really good for us early.”

• Plus1 1