landis fails 2nd test

Knowing many of the top cyclists I know these things do happen. There is probably greater preasure in this sport than any other to do it.

Having known Floyd for quite awhile, I think your a little off on this. He is a remarkable young man. I have seen the XRays of his hip and it is a miracle he can even walk.

What the media is saying is that he has tested positive for excess testorone. He is acutally under the normal limit on the low side and normal on the high side. The low range is the problem. Supposedly it would not be an advantage. More of disadvantage than anything.

I do not think he did anything wrong, and it will take a while for him to prove it. It may never be able to be proven. It could have come from being so fatigued and then the extreme over hydration the following day. I really do not know. He is scheduled to be at the U of Missouri for some testing this week. My son has worked with him on his hip for the last two years.

Of course it could be true, I am just willing to give him some more time. I have not spoken to him since the first time trial. I have never known him to be abusive to his body in all the time I have known him. A little over 12 years now.

I truly feel sorry for him if he is clean.

Knowing many of the top cyclists I know these things do happen. There is probably greater preasure in this sport than any other to do it.

Having known Floyd for quite awhile, I think your a little off on this. He is a remarkable young man. I have seen the XRays of his hip and it is a miracle he can even walk.

What the media is saying is that he has tested positive for excess testorone. He is acutally under the normal limit on the low side and normal on the high side. The low range is the problem. Supposedly it would not be an advantage. More of disadvantage than anything.

I do not think he did anything wrong, and it will take a while for him to prove it. It may never be able to be proven. It could have come from being so fatigued and then the extreme over hydration the following day. I really do not know. He is scheduled to be at the U of Missouri for some testing this week. My son has worked with him on his hip for the last two years.

Of course it could be true, I am just willing to give him some more time. I have not spoken to him since the first time trial. I have never known him to be abusive to his body in all the time I have known him. A little over 12 years now.

I truly feel sorry for him if he is clean.

Now this is kind of funny, You will back him until he is proven guilty. 2 positive tests, but you wanted to keep major away from the Huskers when he was saying the same thing. I DID NOTHING WRONG.

The difference is that major did not have the time or the money to fight his case and took the plea bargin with the hopes that he would still get his chance at Nebraska. Landis has the money and his powerfull atty to help him try to find a loop hole.

Major had two accusers, Landis has 2 positive tests. Something to think about.

Stick a fork in him...He's done! I also find very interesting all the people that have been caught cheating (doping) in the past that were one time team mates of Lance Armstrong. Makes ya stop and think!

But then you have to remember that Armstrong never tested positive ONCE. Never and people still think he took roids or doped. HE has been the most tested athlete in the world and still. It just amazes me. Bummer for Landis, but don't think for a second that Armstrong cheated.

I know both of them. Lance has more tests than most likely the top 20 riders combined,and has publically stated keep them for ever and test them when ever you have new equipment or different areas to look at. I doubt seriously he did anything wrong.

You must understand that this is an unusal result for the test.

I really do not know how to explain it.

You get stopped for a ticket for drinking and driving, Your tests show no excess of alcohol in your system but shows too much milk. Not very good, but that is kind of what happened. He was too low in one form of testosterone. Which gives him the imbalance. It is not that it is too high, it is to low.

The synthetic thing was an error or the last that I heard. If you listen to some of the people in the know they say that something is wrong. You would not lower your testosterone level, you would raise it. That is the problem.

Yes I will stand behind someone that I have known for a long time. I watched his developement from Expert Mountain Biker in SoCal to riding for the LA Sheriffs Road team. My son has known him on the medical side for over two years. They will suposedly try to redo everything on their own to duplicate the imbalance. I do not know how at this time. 12 years in competitive cycling and never a failed test or even the slightest thought he would do anything wrong is a pretty good track record.

One trip to Oregon away from home and he molests a young woman. I am not concerned about that. Kids do stupid things. What I am concerned about is the ramifications to the Univiersity. Rome just commented again on LP. We just do not need this type of publicity. It has nothing to do witht the kid. I just do not want the Program drug in the dirt over it. He is on the team now. I hope we have heard the last of it.

As stated, this sport has had this stigma for years, normally on the European side. Americans have just started learning the tricks of the trade that had been perfected over there. Some take the stance, that they know the others are doing it, so I have to, to keep my job. All I have ever heard from Floyd and Lance is that they would never do it. 12 years compared to one weekend garners trust in my mind.

Just to add to skersfan's points - isn't it odd that Landis gets tested every day during the tour, and only on the last day does he get an "anomolous" result? Why the hell would he inject testosterone for just that one day? It has no short-term benefits - testosterone only benefits you over time.

Landis may end up losing the title this year, but I find it hard to believe that, until the last day of the Tour - a Tour that has tried to falsely accuse Armstrong of doping for years, a Tour that wants anyone but another American to win - the guy has always come up clean on tests.

Let it be like other sports that don't test. Then the bikes would be built like mountain bikes and have kevlar tires so that they wouldn't burn up approaching Mach. :lol: Kinda like roller derby on a bike justa bitin', gougin' and smackin' goin on. That's Nascar talk. Rubbins' racin' son.

Yes it is strange that Landis would inject a steroid on the last two days and think he wouldn't get tested. I don't think he is that dumb. IMO

As AR stated, there is a finger pointed at most American riders. The Tour did not want another American to win it by any means.

I don't know what happened, but I will tell you this. This is the hardest working group of athletes in the world. There are none more phyisically fit, eye hand coordination, intelligence. These are super human beings no matter their finish in the Tour De France. Most normal human beings would find it very difficult if not impossible to ride 100 miles in a week, these guys do it 20 days basically in a row. I have ridden competitively for over 15 years. I have no idea how they do what they do. The dedication, training, total devotion to their sport is so far over the top it is unbelieveable.

And I will tell you this first hand. There is nothing fun about racing a bicycle. There are no easy days, where your heart is not pounding out of your chest, your legs cramping so bad you fold over in pain. Dehydration is a constant problem, saddle sores the size of a half dollor. It is not like any other sport. There are no fun rides. It is work from the beginning to the end. You have to want to be a bicycle racer, it's not something that is so fun you want to do it. That is why there are so few. Too much effort for 99% of the people in the world.

Floyd may have done something wrong, I really do not know. But it just seems unusal he would do it at this race after years and years of being clean.

Something is wrong. I hope for Floyd we find out before it totally destroys him.

• 2 weeks later...