CONGRATS!!

Here's a little bit about him:

He used to be the head coach and athletic director for the University of Arkansas-Fort Smith, a junior college. While there, he lead the Lions (that's their mascot) to two appearances in the NJCAA National tournament. Coached there from 1998 through 2003 and had a record of 120-39. He was Coach of the Year for Region II in 2001 and 2002. If I remember correctly, he had a kind of controlled motion-type offense that would run when the opportunity presented itself.

He's coached at UTEP for the last two years, and had a record of 48-18 - pretty good, given the schedule and talent. He had the Miners in the NIT in 2006, and the year before in the NCAA. He's also coached (as an assistant) at Houston, Chicago State, Lamar, Texas Tech and Arizona State.

He seems to be a pretty good young coach, and he has a TON of recruiting ties to Texas and the south in general.

I think NU may have gotten a rising star...

Like I said, BCG Jr. ;)

If he can hire an assistant who is good at recruiting the Midwest, y'all could soon start reeling in the talent.

And I would LOVE to see y'all start knocking down KSU in Basketball. Snce they got their new coach, DAMN. They have started slinging smack at A&M, and it's getting a bit tiresome.

I can honestly admit from the looks of things, no one gives a damn about the new coach or the program (basketball).

It's hard to really get all that pumped up for a couple reasons:

1) Who the hell is Doc Sadler? I am sure he is a decent coach and I have seen he recruited some great players in his days, but seriously, this was kind of out of left field.

2) Fall football just started.

With that said, good luck to coach Sadler, I don't think he can do much worse than his predecessor, the bar has been set pretty low. An NCAA tourney game would rock!

I just hope that he sort of changes the style of basketball that Collier was trying to instill into his players. I was really tired of watching 46-44 point games and then watching some of our bigger players camping around the three point line. I heard he likes to push the tempo and I think that could benefit some of our younger players and hopefully help the team win with such a short roster that was left for him.

Hard to say what kind of offense his team ran by looking at the stats of his two years at UTEP. Last year for the 2005-06 season they outscored their opponents 66.9 to 59.5. Only slightly better than the Cure for Insomnia offense Collier ran barely outscoring opponents 66.7 to 66.1.

The year before when he took UTEP to the NCAA tournament his team produced at a better rate of 74.7 to 65.1. Nebraska was 68.0 to 63.9 over the same period.

We'll find out soon enough what he can do. If he is the recruiter they claim then I foresee smiles for the BBall boys and the fans.