Has Everyone had their Fairweather Freakout?

Hello again,

The events of Saturday were tough. Today sucked as well. Notice, however, the past tense references. What we have in front of us . . . what remains . . . is a damn good team with high expectations for themselves. We need to remember that the reason why the kids that are in the program are there is because the coaching staff recognized that on any given day, these kids could be capable of raising their level of play to a higher degree, and their abilities to lead and/or assume necessary roles will be enhanced by this bump in the road.

I'm a mite pissed off that I have seen references such as . . " could we still get a Juco QB?," and "What if Josh Freeman . . ." Furthermore, I am disgusted when I hear that our secondary is "in trouble" or "too thin." Tumultuous isolated periods of time such as these are not times that Husker fans start flipping out. It's an opprtunity for True Huskers to support and encourage the current team and coaching staff to raise the level. So too, we need to start whipping these fairweather fans into shape and getting everyone on the bus. Joe Ganz will probably never be Zac Taylor, but in a given game, he is just as capable of making a key play. Isaiah Fluellen and Bryan Wilson are nowhere close to what Zack Bowman is, but in a given game, they are just as capable of making a key play. The point here, is that freaking out and considering whack or unrealistic scenarios is not the right mindset. Downass Husker fans know that this is the perfect time to get behind this team. If your not done being flipping out yet, don't bother posting on this topic. Thanks!

Well, it's frustrating. We were going along fine, with no problems, laughing at the Sooners, and then we lose Bowman and Beck goes over to the Dark Side. But you're right, we aren't doomed. It's just frustrating that this had to happen.

But Isiah Fluellen plays CB? I didn't know that...

As far as I am concerned, Beck was simply a character in a few newspapers and online recruiting sites. End of story. Here is to the new facilities, the new season, and the true Huskers that are still working their whatever-is-best-for-the-team oriented red-blooded asses off, and kicking the crap out of every team they play this year. GBR :cheers

if Beck was complaining that he was 4th in line to be QB...then there was probably a reason he was 4th and it's no loss of skin off our back if he leaves. I hate to make it sound like the lower guys don't matter, but if they're gonna be a bitch about it I'd rather see a 4th string guy leave than someone like Taylor. THEN we'd have something to worry about.

We'll be fine. It sucks about Bowman, but he'll bounce back next year. We'll still do well.

Two players don't make the team, the team makes the team...and right now the team is practicing and needs all our support put behind them so that we go out and kick ass this year!!!

We'll go undefeated this year!!!!! ;)

:restore

I'm a mite pissed off that I have seen references such as . . " could we still get a Juco QB?,"

I'm pretty sure your referring to a post that I had on another topic so lets not try to hide that fact!!!! I made that comment because of how good Taylor has been being a JUCO transfer. It's a way to be safe just in case because you never know??? :dunno

It's an opprtunity for True Huskers to support and encourage the current team and coaching staff to raise the level. So too, we need to start whipping these fairweather fans into shape and getting everyone on the bus.

I've been a true husker fan since I was 7 years old!!! If you look at most of the posts from people you can see most people are saying "good riddance" and "who cares" me included I could care less that he left!!! I don't know much about Ganz, but I have faith in our coaching staff and believe they will make the right decisions!!!

When I first joined this board in Nov. 05 there were a lot of people that called themselves die hard fans that didn't like Cally and thought he was a horrible coach and thought he would be a joke, but the true fans are the ones that support their team no matter what and your definately right about that!!! :thumbs:boxosoap

I dont consider asking if there are any juco QB s out there worth their salt, (flipping out). Simply stating that there is a void created that could be filled.

I am no where close to where I was say ..... after Kansas game last year. Yes I was a little disturbed then.

We arent in urgent immediate need right now of a qb. Would hurt to look around though. :dunno

Exactly HSKRNOKC and kid thank you very much!!! I thought I was being called a bad fan there for a sec.!!!! I didn't want to have to crazy up in this mo' fo' :lol::box

You're not a bad fan at all. I see exactly where you are coming from. Suddenly this loss has happened and the season is over, and we won't win any games. O.K. I'll see you back on the bandwagon 1-8-07. GBR!!