Pro Football Focus Offense grades

lo country

On 9/5/2021 at 10:45 AM, TheSker said:

Part of the reason the offense still struggles some is the roster turnover.

Toure, Stepp, Ervin.....skill players in their first year whether true freshmen or transfer 

The offensive line is still very young also.  Three of the five are rFr or Fr with Jurgens a sophomore.

They aren't as long as they look - covid years have already been taken off their roster years.

I'm looking back at the stats. Man, Ervin only averaged 2.8 YPC? Against Fordham?! It was only 6 carries, but Scott, Yant, and Johnson all had 5 or 6 carries and averaged a respective 5.0, 5.0, and 3.8 YPC. The only RB we played with a lower YPC was walk-on Cooper Jewett.

• Plus1 1
28 minutes ago, Toe said:

I'm looking back at the stats. Man, Ervin only averaged 2.8 YPC? Against Fordham?! It was only 6 carries, but Scott, Yant, and Johnson all had 5 or 6 carries and averaged a respective 5.0, 5.0, and 3.8 YPC. The only RB we played with a lower YPC was walk-on Cooper Jewett.

in slight defense of Ervin he is the starter.  He played against a fresh defense and the line wasn't moving the LOS.  Same thing against Illinois.  Now I will admit he missed a couple holes or made a wrong read that cost him some yards.  But to say hey this guy had 5 yards a carry against a tired defense of an overmatched Fordham team in the 4th quarter isn't really an apples to apples assessment 

• Plus1 3