Over Time losses under Frost and Riley

lo country

I didn't realize how bad we have been in OT under Frost and Riley.  Using analytics, Frost should go for broke every opportunity instead of even thinking about OT...Not only have we not won, our opponents shine.  And not just by the W.  Red zone and OT horrific.....This O staff puts the "O" in needs to "GO". I think this lack of OT production can directly be linked to the woes in the Red Zone ie shorter field, less of a playbook, less room for AM to do, for lack of a better description, AM things....I don't see how the O staff comes back next year.  I would keep Beckton.

As if zero points weren't bad enough, the Huskers haven't even picked up a first down in their six overtimes under coaches Mike Riley and Scott Frost. They've generated a grand total of 15 net yards of total offense -- less than one yard per play. And they've thrown interceptions at a 25% clip.

https://www.si.com/college/nebraska/football/nebraska-football-overtime-futility-2015-to-2021

• Plus1 2

58 minutes ago, lo country said:

I didn't realize how bad we have been in OT under Frost and Riley.  Using analytics, Frost should go for broke every opportunity instead of even thinking about OT...Not only have we not won, our opponents shine.  And not just by the W.  Red zone and OT horrific.....This O staff puts the "O" in needs to "GO". I think this lack of OT production can directly be linked to the woes in the Red Zone ie shorter field, less of a playbook, less room for AM to do, for lack of a better description, AM things....I don't see how the O staff comes back next year.  I would keep Beckton.

As if zero points weren't bad enough, the Huskers haven't even picked up a first down in their six overtimes under coaches Mike Riley and Scott Frost. They've generated a grand total of 15 net yards of total offense -- less than one yard per play. And they've thrown interceptions at a 25% clip.

https://www.si.com/college/nebraska/football/nebraska-football-overtime-futility-2015-to-2021

Completely relevant to post results from Riley era... Smh.  Yes, Frost lead teams lost 3 of those games.  2018, 2019, and last Saturday.  You really found the nail in the coffin for these coaches.  Congrats

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, Hilltop said:

Completely relevant to post results from Riley era... Smh.  Yes, Frost lead teams lost 3 of those games.  2018, 2019, and last Saturday.  You really found the nail in the coffin for these coaches.  Congrats

Ok.  Frost 0-3 in OT.  Still responsible for less than 1 yard per play.....Still 5-15 in 1 score games. Still 14-23 overall.  Yep.  Frost puts Riley’s crew to shame.  

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1

Unfortunately HCSF has not performed well on offense under pressure. How many times have we seen him make blunders with the clock just prior to halftime or late in games? We had a chance to tie or win 14 of our games on the last offensive series- we've only won one of those games.  

Tack on our absolute ineptness in overtime- and it would lead many fair minded people to think he just doesn't operate really effectively under pressure. 

I for one would hope he gives up the playcalling duties and sticks to the CEO role. Let him stick to play design- which it seems he excels at.  He should be getting better at playcalling late in games, but he just looks anxious and confused. 

• Plus1 1