Minnesota Play by Play

I really wish there was a better view of this in the review.  There wasn't enough to over turn the call.  But....dang.....

Something else to see on this play.  The hole is obviously supposed to be where 2AM ran.  Why is Yant blocking the person he is?  If he leads in the hole, it's probably an easy TD.  This is right before he tripped on another easy TD.  I'm sure there were reasons why he wasn't the chosen #1 RB over Johnson.

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

I really wish there was a better view of this in the review.  There wasn't enough to over turn the call.  But....dang.....

Something else to see on this play.  The hole is obviously supposed to be where 2AM ran.  Why is Yant blocking the person he is?  If he leads in the hole, it's probably an easy TD.  This is right before he tripped on another easy TD.  I'm sure there were reasons why he wasn't the chosen #1 RB over Johnson.

I was wondering how much refs are allowed to "infer" from the videos.  From one angle you can clearly see that the ball contacts #22's shoulder.  From another view, you could clearly see #22's shoulder was in the end zone but the ball was covered up by his helmet.  One could deduce that this means the ball was past the goal line, but you couldn't actually see the ball...

Bottom line is that Frost's team has failed over and over inside the 5 yard line since the 2019 season. He just isn't getting it figured out.

You've got Yant, Morrison, Stepp, & Scott. Get your team in a mindset where they want to play to win the game. Get your offensive line in a place where they're coached the right technique to execute this situation.

Over and over - and you saw this with the special team stuff that happened during the first half of the season - it's just like, it can't be as hard as he's making it.

• Plus1 3
33 minutes ago, Undone said:

Bottom line is that Frost's team has failed over and over inside the 5 yard line since the 2019 season. He just isn't getting it figured out.

You've got Yant, Morrison, Stepp, & Scott. Get your team in a mindset where they want to play to win the game. Get your offensive line in a place where they're coached the right technique to execute this situation.

Over and over - and you saw this with the special team stuff that happened during the first half of the season - it's just like, it can't be as hard as he's making it.

I can't argue about the mindset.  But, the play was there for a TD on both plays.  I think when you look at both plays at the goal line, Yant's head was NOT in the game.  Everyone else was doing their jobs.

• Plus1 1

Well, even if they do score on this play, it's not like the game is over.

Nebraska kicks off and Minnesota gets the ball at the 25, and not inside the 1.

Nebraska had some nice stops in the 3rd quarter, but one was because of field position and two others due to turnovers.

Getting the lead at that point did not mean game over, Nebraska wins.

Minnesota showed they could still run the ball even as they were killing the clock.

6 minutes ago, Dano564 said:

Well, even if they do score on this play, it's not like the game is over.

Nebraska kicks off and Minnesota gets the ball at the 25, and not inside the 1.

Nebraska had some nice stops in the 3rd quarter, but one was because of field position and two others due to turnovers.

Getting the lead at that point did not mean game over, Nebraska wins.

Minnesota showed they could still run the ball even as they were killing the clock.

Very true.  You can't assume the rest of the game goes the same.  However, that TD could have totally changed the momentum in the game.  Our team would have been more confident and their's less confident.

Don't know how it would have turned out.  But, it would have helped a lot.

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

One question on that though.  If the play call is designed for that gap, why is our receiver sprinting inside for a crack back type block.  He should be running a corner fade to take out the corner.  

Our wideout is playing like he sets an edge for AM to run around and Yant clears out anything left for AM as he gets outside.  

Is it possible AM decided on his own to go up the gut and just didn’t make it?  We won’t ever know but definitely weird they were all on the same page.   

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

One question on that though.  If the play call is designed for that gap, why is our receiver sprinting inside for a crack back type block.  He should be running a corner fade to take out the corner.  

Our wideout is playing like he sets an edge for AM to run around and Yant clears out anything left for AM as he gets outside.  

Is it possible AM decided on his own to go up the gut and just didn’t make it?  We won’t ever know but definitely weird they were all on the same page.   

Well, he looks as clueless as Yant since he actually blocked his on team mate.