Huskers and Hollywood

Have you ever noticed when a Hollywood writer needs to refer to a College football team the Huskers often come to mind? Last night I caught the first episode of CSI and the character Warrick Brown was talking about all his bets panning out except for the "Huskers and punk-ass Iowa" not covering the spread. I remember an episode of King of Queens where Kevin James character Doug was going to the sports bar to watch the Huskers and Florida play. A couple months ago on HBO I saw the movie "The Rundown" with the Rock and he had a bar fight against these pro football players and one of them was supposed to have played at Nebraska.

Have you ever noticed when a Hollywood writer needs to refer to a College football team the Huskers often come to mind? Last night I caught the first episode of CSI and the character Warrick Brown was talking about all his bets panning out except for the "Huskers and punk-ass Iowa" not covering the spread. I remember an episode of King of Queens where Kevin James character Doug was going to the sports bar to watch the Huskers and Florida play. A couple months ago on HBO I saw the movie "The Rundown" with the Rock and he had a bar fight against these pro football players and one of them was supposed to have played at Nebraska.

i remember that episode of king of queens, me and the wife watch that show every week night from 10-11 before we go to bed. i love that show

In Team America, the dude was a star at Nebraska (was it Joe?)

yeah it was Joe. All star Quarterback from the University of Nebraska...

does anybody wonder if Matt Stone and Trey Parker are husker fans? or are they just sipping haterade?

well, they're from colorado so do remember the old skool TO games. in "merry christmas, charlie manson"! the cartman family (whom live in nebraska) are watching a huskers game.

first quarter, it's close and if i'm not mistaken nebraska may be down.

the next time you hear about the game, third quarter maybe, and nebraska has blown the doors off the other team. it's like NU 45, other team 13.

do do they like nebraska? dunno. but they knew what typical nebraska games were like back then, that's for sure.