Slauson on RB's

Now reports are going come out that the D is not as good as everyone thought.  <_<

Maybe from Benard.

Amen. Our defense is going to be SICK.

We had a terrific front seven last year, and just about everyone is back. Sorry, but that's horse poop.

Now no need for name calling. "Benard"? That's low! :lol:

Anyhow I just stated that reports might start coming out. People such as that half-wit Mark May already believe it.

Personally I think the Defense is going to be great this year. Likely will have to carry the team in a few games.

We see alot of pictures of the defense trying to strip the ball. Maybe that is what is going on. Either way it sounds like the O is better than most thought and the D will hold its own.

Please get here September. I am an old and wishing my life away, but man I am so excited about this season. I truly think more than any other I remember and I have been doing this for about 50 years.

Now no need for name calling. "Benard"? That's low! 

Actually, I haven't seen a post from Benard in a long time. (I know that this is off-topic). This board doesn't have the fiestiness that it once had when Benard and FF posted regularly. Hate to say this...but this board could use an antagonist (a Husker fan....not one of the "Fuskers" haters). I guess these days, there are less fans that Solich-lovers as the Husker fans, in general, see the progress in the football program under Cally.

- Just spitting-out nonsense because I don't want to work on things that I'm supposed to do.

Nothing wrong with some alternate opinion, but some people wanted to take it to the level of trolling. Just here to stir things up. Inciting arguments under the guise of "just expressing opinion". That don't fly.

So true. I guess the word "antagonist" was a poor choice...."posters who express an alternative opinion" is much more PC ;)

i dont know what it is but our defense can not tackle them <_< i really dont like the sound of that sure im glad that our rbs can turn loose for a big gain but hearing that our d couldnt (tackle)......mmmmmmm not good

As someone already mentioned, pictures show that the defense is trying to strip the ball. Callahan said last year that he wanted his defense to cause more turnovers. However, going for the strip has a high risk/reward type ending. Bullocks took a striped ball for a touchdown against Wake Forest, but he also let a Pitt wide out get about 50 extra yards because of a blown tackle. As I was always taught, the first guy to the ball carrier is suppose to wrap up and hold the guy up as the other try to gang tackle and strip the ball.

I remember Osborne saying about his great teams: One practice the defense dominates, and the next practice the offense gets the upperhand. Hopefully this is the case. It also might mean the offense is better than anyone has imagined.

I like what Dr. Tom said there, I think it's true. And as far as I'm concerned, the defense getting a little embarassed is a good thing. The offense needs to keep them on their toes as much as possible, and not be falling asleep. Likewise, a D should be motivated, and seeing something you did wrong should motivate you to right that.

I hope that this team follows TO's theorem and alternates between O and D having big days. I do have faith in our D, and the O too.

I'm reeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaalllll anxious for the first game, though. I'm pyshced that it'll be on TV, on a station that I'll be able to get. Looking for a big win.

:horns2:horns2:restore

Now no need for name calling. "Benard"? That's low! 

Actually, I haven't seen a post from Benard in a long time. (I know that this is off-topic). This board doesn't have the fiestiness that it once had when Benard and FF posted regularly. Hate to say this...but this board could use an antagonist (a Husker fan....not one of the "Fuskers" haters). I guess these days, there are less fans that Solich-lovers as the Husker fans, in general, see the progress in the football program under Cally.

- Just spitting-out nonsense because I don't want to work on things that I'm supposed to do.

Then go ahead and go for it. :bat

i think we were a little soft in the middle last year, only after Stew Bradley was hurt. After the Tech game, a lot of teams were able to run on us more than before. I think we will be better in the middle this year. Suh, Cryer, and Dagunduro went through one helluva summer conditioning, and so did a lot of the younger guys. I think our defense will be stronger now that our RB's are fighting harder. if that makes any sense lol

It is good that the offense is getting some big plays against our D, Now our D will read and hear comments that they are not as good as expected and they will turn up the heat and then the offense will respond and by sept 2 they will both be tired of beating on each other and DESTROY la. tech.

:yeah What do we expect with all of these scrimmages that one side isn't going to have the upper hand? I'm just happy there is some improvement in the running game. I don't like to see NE last in rushing in the Big 12. :wtf