NBA 2023-24

27 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Not a starter

Played 6th most minutes per game

4.8 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 2.1 apg

Declare for the draft

36/67/26

But it will be a circus

I thought the only way this works is that whatever team gets Bronny will get LeBron James at a huge discount so he can end his career playing with his son.

I would not want to be the coach of that team. 

• TBH 1

So Denver is the the clear favorite to win it all again.:woo

We see it with our own eyes, and I hope they run it back.  I love watching Denver play, win, dominate, while every team that plays them got no answers....

However let's talk about the West

Denver

T-Wolves

OKC

LA Clippers

NO Pels

Dallas

SAC Kings

Who fighting to make the play-in for the NBA playofs?

LA Lakers

Phoenix Suns

Golden State Warriors 

There is enough Super Stars on these teams, with All-stars and MVPs......the faces of the League...... And 

Someone won't make it.  

17 hours ago, admo said:

We see it with our own eyes, and I hope they run it back.  I love watching Denver play, win, dominate, while every team that plays them got no answers....

Denver

T-Wolves

OKC

LA Clippers

NO Pels

Dallas

SAC Kings

LA Lakers

Phoenix Suns

Golden State Warriors 

There is enough Super Stars on these teams, with All-stars and MVPs......the faces of the League...... And 

Someone won't make it.  

The network would be sad to have a playoffs without LeBron James, Steph Curry and/or Kevin Durant, but sometimes youth needs to be served and the top tier is loaded with young talent.

That being said, the Nuggets are deep, experienced, and tested, and I honestly don't know anyone who hates them. That's rare all by itself. 

On 4/6/2024 at 12:18 PM, Guy Chamberlin said:

The network would be sad to have a playoffs without LeBron James, Steph Curry and/or Kevin Durant, but sometimes youth needs to be served and the top tier is loaded with young talent.

That being said, the Nuggets are deep, experienced, and tested, and I honestly don't know anyone who hates them. That's rare all by itself. 

I don’t know how deep they are. Going to be very reliant on 34 yr old Reggie Jackson to spell Jamal Murray.  Braun has been ok, but not really made much of a leap as an offensive player.  After that, really not sure who the 8th guy is.  

West is just ridiculous.  Bucks would’ve been a play in team if they were on this side of the bracket. 

On 4/5/2024 at 7:32 PM, admo said:

Denver

T-Wolves

OKC

LA Clippers

NO Pels

Dallas

SAC Kings

LA Lakers

Phoenix Suns

Golden State Warriors 

Someone won't make it.  

Still an outside chance for either the Suns or the Lakers to be the 6 seed. If I looked at it correctly, the Pels, Suns, Lakers and Kings can be anywhere between 6 and 10 depending on how the last 4 games shake out.  In the East, there are teams that can be anywhere from 2 to 7.  It'll be an interesting last few games and hopefully an entertaining playoff.  And as always, as long as the dirty c-bags in boston don't win it all, it's been a good season.

Playoffs sorta set. Love how Milwaukee tanked to ensure they can avoid the 76ers in the first round.

There has been some fan discussions in the West about Pels and Lakers tanking the 7/8 play-in game to avoid Denver. Huge risk doing that, but huge reward. Denver, IMO, is the best team in the West and the longer you can avoid them, the longer your playoff run will be. All 4 teams in the play in match up better with OKC than Denver, be interesting to see who falls on the sword to be 7th seed.

• Plus1 1

Should be a fun one, especially out West.  All the lower seeds have reason to believe they can win.  Crazy to think that half of the field will be done in a little over 2 weeks, considering the talent on all of those rosters.  For example, if Minny loses first round after basically leading the West all year....or conversely if the Suns go out with a whimper after pushing all their chips in and mortgaging the next 10 years of their franchise....

NBA Playoffs
8 teams per Conference
Teams seeded 1-6 are in.
Teams seeded 7-10 play to become the 7th and 8th seed.

Western Conference
#1 - OKC 
#2 - Denver 
#3 - Minnesota - vs Phoenix
#4 - LA Clippers - vs Dall
#5 - Dallas - vs LA Clip
#6 - Phoenix - vs Minn

Tonight - Tuesday

#8 LA Lakers at #7 NO Pels
- the winner earns the 7th seed and will play Denver in the 1st round.  That is what is on the line for this game.

#10 Golden State at #9 Sacramento
- the loser of this game is eliminated from the playoffs

- However, The winner of this game then plays the loser of the Lakers/Pels on Friday, for the final spot and 8th seed, against OKC.

All rounds in the playoffs are best-of-seven series.  Even though I think the first round should be best-of-5 series, because the playoffs are long and we really don't need a game 7 in the first round.  It's already a long season, and we don't need guys getting tired.  Either you are good enough to advance through 5 games or you are not.

We are in April and the NBA Finals will be in June.  But I digress....

I am adding this so that I can have it handy when watching the "play-in" games tonight and friday.  It is still a little confusing at times.  But it's ok

• Plus1 1

18 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

In case anyone is wondering, there's a lot of drama and finger-pointing in Warriors land right now. 

I imagine, curious to see if they try to move Dray and/or Wiggins, let Klay walk and if they do, does Steph want to stay for a rebuild and do they want to pay Steph during a rebuild?  And now with CP3 being an expiring contract, what will they do with him?  Myers left at the right time, a lot of pressure on Dunleavy to get this aging team back into championship contenders.  To do so, most, if not all, of the core will need to be replaced. Splash Bros run is over and not sure they'll be able to find players good enough to run Kerr's style at a high enough level to compete. Next year, if they keep the same core, not sure they are good enough to even make the play-in game in the West.

Well this same Warriors team finished 27-11, one of the best records in the league since January, so they are able to win with this lineup. But something always seemed janky, and in a sudden death game against an injured team that had faded in the stretch, Warriors gave up to a Sacramento team that by all appearances wanted it more. Warriors did not appear to be having fun. Much is made of Klay going 0 for 10, but Curry had six turnovers, most of them sloppy and unfocused. That's going to linger.

Upside is that the young guys looked good when given the chance. They will do more when given more minutes. You keep Steph and let any combination of Klay, Dray, Wiggins, and Chris Paul go, use that money to buy one legit star and some key role players, bid farewell to the dynasty and see if you can't climb back into the ring with reduced expectations. 

Don't know how much playoffs I'm going to watch, but I like the Nuggets and Thunder in the West. I have little rooting interest in the East, where I only liked Jimmy Butler's Heat. 76ers could make things interesting this year. 

12 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Well this same Warriors team finished 27-11, one of the best records in the league since January, so they are able to win with this lineup. But something always seemed janky, and in a sudden death game against an injured team that had faded in the stretch, Warriors gave up to a Sacramento team that by all appearances wanted it more. Warriors did not appear to be having fun. Much is made of Klay going 0 for 10, but Curry had six turnovers, most of them sloppy and unfocused. That's going to linger.

Upside is that the young guys looked good when given the chance. They will do more when given more minutes. You keep Steph and let any combination of Klay, Dray, Wiggins, and Chris Paul go, use that money to buy one legit star and some key role players, bid farewell to the dynasty and see if you can't climb back into the ring with reduced expectations. 

Don't know how much playoffs I'm going to watch, but I like the Nuggets and Thunder in the West. I have little rooting interest in the East, where I only liked Jimmy Butler's Heat. 76ers could make things interesting this year. 

What star are you realistically thinking the Warriors could get for what they can offer? And is he a good fit for the style that Kerr runs?  After renouncing the rights to Klay, they will basically have the cap space equivalent to the MLE, meaning to get a star they will have to trade for him. Salary-wise they'd have to move multiple pieces, and potentially picks. I don't think the Warriors will be able to get a star without mortgaging their future and moving a lot of picks. I do not envy Dunleavy at all. The only rumored star I've heard that could potentially be on the block is Spida Mitchell.  Maybe AD if Lebron leaves in FA to go play with Bronny. There's always moves that shock me over the summer, that said I think the Warriors are cooked.

56 minutes ago, Madcows said:

What star are you realistically thinking the Warriors could get for what they can offer? And is he a good fit for the style that Kerr runs?  After renouncing the rights to Klay, they will basically have the cap space equivalent to the MLE, meaning to get a star they will have to trade for him. Salary-wise they'd have to move multiple pieces, and potentially picks. I don't think the Warriors will be able to get a star without mortgaging their future and moving a lot of picks. I do not envy Dunleavy at all. The only rumored star I've heard that could potentially be on the block is Spida Mitchell.  Maybe AD if Lebron leaves in FA to go play with Bronny. There's always moves that shock me over the summer, that said I think the Warriors are cooked.

You'd have to get something in a trade for Draymond, and if you could find a taker you could get at best a solid role player. Which you're gonna need. If you let Klay and Chris Paul walk there are no transactions involved and you suddenly have $75 million to spend. No free agent worth that kind of money yet, but there are always a few surprises and unhappy stars cropping up, like AD. Kerr is coaching the Olympic Team, the best assembly of talent since the 1992 Dream Team. Doesn't hurt for him to spend the summer coaching and socializing with the superstars. 

59 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

You'd have to get something in a trade for Draymond, and if you could find a taker you could get at best a solid role player. Which you're gonna need. If you let Klay and Chris Paul walk there are no transactions involved and you suddenly have $75 million to spend. No free agent worth that kind of money yet, but there are always a few surprises and unhappy stars cropping up, like AD. Kerr is coaching the Olympic Team, the best assembly of talent since the 1992 Dream Team. Doesn't hurt for him to spend the summer coaching and socializing with the superstars. 

I don’t think they’ll have 75mill to spend. By letting klay walk and cutting CP3…I think they’ll end up nearly a first apron team..which means they’ll get their exceptions.  But they’ll be pretty financially limited in free agency as far as I can tell.