2022-2023 Season Notes

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So….sitting at 8-6 with 17 games to go.  Playing very good defense that will keep them in games.  Nobody seems selfish on the offensive end. 

What’s everyone thinking the total wins might be?   Maybe NIT?

I got called out for not guessing at the beginning of the season, I'll drink the kool-aid & say 17 wins & ncca tournament

44 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I got called out for not guessing at the beginning of the season, I'll drink the kool-aid & say 17 wins & ncca tournament

I think 17 is a realistic win total, but I don't think it gets them in the NCAA's.  Seventeen wins probably makes them 17-15 or 17-16 at the end of the season.  There are 31 regular season games plus one or two B1G tournament games.  They will have a very good strength of schedule, but one or two games over .500 probably won't get them more than the NIT.

2 hours ago, ECisGod said:

I think 17 is a realistic win total, but I don't think it gets them in the NCAA's.  Seventeen wins probably makes them 17-15 or 17-16 at the end of the season.  There are 31 regular season games plus one or two B1G tournament games.  They will have a very good strength of schedule, but one or two games over .500 probably won't get them more than the NIT.

Usually 500 in the big 10 gets a ncaa birth.  Another signature win would help. 

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Those are all OK, but the number one thing is that the POS (point of sale) terminals are very out of date and you actually have to hand your card to the concession employee who then swipes it instead of just inserting the card & some of them make you sign the receipt even if it just for a bottle of water.  I get they think cashless is safer (it's not when you have to exchange a piece of plastic & possibly a pen) and faster (it's not because of the old equipment and the clerks).  The real reason PBA went cashless was to raise prices with out raising them.  Pricing used to include tax, but now it doesn't.  The $8 hamburger now cost $8 + tax.

• Plus1 1