North Dakota Play-by-Play

Mavric

6 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Pretty poor pass set by Teddy here.

Guy basically swipes at his face to get by him to the outside.

On this play, Grant has no delay before he goes out on a route. He goes right out for a route and isn't home at all to help block. If he had stayed and helps chip that guy off it kind of looks like Brewington was open past the line to gain.

20 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Looks to me like UND was heavy to the field which is the weak side of this formation.  Probably needed to run to our strong side where we had the numbers advantage.

Well I can't tell you how it's certainly supposed to be blocked what I can tell you that is since it's a rpo the qb imho should have kept the ball and have our wrs beat their man on coverage so he could throw the ball. Too man guys in the box to get anything out of a run option play.

6 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Well I can't tell you how it's certainly supposed to be blocked what I can tell you that is since it's a rpo

Actually I think quite a few of these might be drawn up to look like RPO's but are actually designed handoffs to the back.

We had a lot of those under the Tim Beck era as well.

42 minutes ago, Undone said:

Guy basically swipes at his face to get by him to the outside.

On this play, Grant has no delay before he goes out on a route. He goes right out for a route and isn't home at all to help block. If he had stayed and helps chip that guy off it kind of looks like Brewington was open past the line to gain.

But he sets up way to far inside and with his shoulders perpendicular to the line basically inviting the guy to go by on the outside.

32 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Well I can't tell you how it's certainly supposed to be blocked what I can tell you that is since it's a rpo the qb imho should have kept the ball and have our wrs beat their man on coverage so he could throw the ball. Too man guys in the box to get anything out of a run option play.

Considering the WR is blocking on the play I feel fairly confident that it wasn't an RPO.

Curious what the responsibilities were here.  Both Butler and Reimer end up in the same gap.  Gap responsibilities were mentioned as an issue - guys are getting out of the gaps they are supposed to occupy.

Looks to me like it's more likely that Reimer was supposed to have the inside gap and Butler the outside gap.  When Butler comes inside, there is space for the RB.