North Dakota Play-by-Play

Mavric

1 hour ago, whateveritis1224 said:

Discussed it elsewhere, but I'm not sure its targeting and unless you're 100% sure, I'm not happy with ejecting people from the game. Both this play and the later one that was also picked up against Thompson should have still been 15 yard penalties (defenseless player and roughing the passer), but I think the refs were thinking about only targeting and not the fact that you have to include the other parts of the penalties to actually call them.

I thought for sure when Brewington got hit on the sideline that was textbook targeting.  Kid launched himself and hit Brewington in the head and neck area.  reversed.  I believe it was in the Iowa game one of the safeties Hit a South dakota kid as they were going to the ground and hit him in the arm.  targeting and kicked out.  I hate this rule.  

• Plus1 1

Again, I give Whipple credit for getting the ball to Palmer in various ways.  Not sure where that went in the second half against Northwestern.

I really liked Washington on this play. He read the two defenders.  He is looking at the inside guy first but then decides that the outside guy is more of a threat and blocks him instead.

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

Good to see Brown earning some playing time.  He's tough to tackle in space.

For sure, so happy for him to see him out there contributing. I think having guys like him on the roster who were maybe 4th or 5th on the depth chart last year show how well we've done in bringing in talent at receiver.

I love that we still have that "smaller shifty guy" on the WR corps after Wan'Dale's departure.

1 minute ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

if he keeps running and fades to the outside its a catch.  or less popular does a head turn and catches it over his left shoulder.  not sure about wind like the announcer says but thats possible.  

Eh ... maybe.

But the ball is so underthrown he is worried about the DB making a play on the ball.  So he tries to high-point it, which I love in general.  

Just get the ball out in front of him (once!).

All these highlights are positive in the sense you can tell they could potentially win games. They just have to do it on a consistent basis. Lets say we run the ball 3 drives in a row to start the game then it slows down there tempo and keeps our defense off the field. They have to figure out their formula for success moving forward. Have the run set up the passing later on during the game. Right now I would say Nebraska is more successful when they run instead of passing.