Interesting stat

Link

Becoming one of Texas A&M's newest traditions, the 1998 Maroon Out led to a temporary national shortage of maroon t-shirts. 31,000 Maroon Out shirts were sold at low cost to ensure that tens of thousands of Aggies attending the Texas A&M vs. Nebraska football game would create a sea of maroon spirit throughout the stands.

Even the Nebraska fans acknowledged after the game that the intensity of the Maroon Out spirit made a difference in the game leading to A&M's 28-21 victory. As The Daily Nebraskan expressed it on October 12, 1998:

"A game that was dubbed a 'maroon-out' for Texas A&M fans proved to be a lights out for Nebraska. The fans dressed themselves in maroon T-shirts in an attempt to wash out the red and white that opponents have gotten used to. It worked."

Each year one football game is specially designated for Maroon Out. In the first five years of the Maroon Out tradition, the Fightin' Texas Aggies have overcome all five opponents including four teams that were higher ranked and in the national top 10 at the time.

Oct. 10, 1998 A&M vs. Nebraska (#2) 28-21

Nov. 26, 1999 A&M vs. Texas (#5) 20-16

Oct. 28, 2000 A&M vs. Kansas State (#8) 26-10

Sept. 29, 2001 A&M vs. Notre Dame 24-3

Nov. 9, 2002 A&M vs. Oklahoma (#1) 30-26

WE HAVE lost 2 maroon outs. Texas last year, and Texas a couple years before...but we argue that wasn't a true maroon out in 03 since the team wore white pants, and the team wears all maroon on the "official" game. This year is, of course, Maroon Out for NU.

Like I have maintained before. Maroon Out is a show of respect, as we designate it for the most important game of the season to us. Y'all beat out Blow U and Texas Tceh.

Last night on Harrah's sports sound off, travis justice said he thought A&M had a real shot of coming in to the Nebraska game undefeated. Dr. Rob thought there was no way and thought Franchione was a joke as a coach. I wouldn't say that I fear the 12th man, because the 2nd worst Husker team in the past 50 years won there, but I have a healthy respect for it. It'll be a good game. :thumbs