Lack of bye week affecting us

Looking at our schedule we don't have a bye week until the week before the Colorado game. I believe this is a result of the new 13-game scheduling. Glancing at other B12 teams, everyone is pretty much in the same boat with a bye week coming towards the end of the regular season or not having one at all. Hopefully our offense is in full swing right from the start and we won't need an extra week to tweak things out. It was obvious having the bye before Iowa St. last year was huge as the passing attack came out of nowhere. So it will be a true test of endurance and committment week in and week out this year. Any thoughts?

I have rarely seen us have a bye week and then come out and have a good offensive day..

How many of us would have LOVED to play another game after the zone we were in after the Michigan game..... momentum can be HUGE.... off weeks, although they help you heal players, also help you deflate that momentum in my opinion :boxosoap;)

J

I have rarely seen us have a bye week and then come out and have a good offensive day..

Are you joking? We had a bye week before Iowa State last year, and look what we did. We had a bye week before Colorado last year and look what we did. We had a few bye weeks before Michigan and look what we did. Give Callahan more than a week to prepare for anyone, and he will come up with something great and surprising. GBR!

kid,

I beg to differ, you call

NU - Congdon 30 yd. FG 8:23

2nd quarter

IS - Culbertson 31 yd. FG 11:43

3rd quarter

NU - Ross 70 yd. pass from Taylor (Congdon kick) 10:00

IS - Nickel 2 yd. pass from Meyer (Culbertson kick) 5:39

IS - Culbertson 32 yd. FG

4th quarter

Congdon - 23 yd. FG 7:20

2 field goals and one ross td in regular time an offensive explosion?? come on now..the 2 td are in overtime and if we had offense before then..we wouldn't have needed to go to OT...