ESPN's Joe Schad Reports Keller is N!

Keller to the NU Program is huge....1 year or not, they kid can step and perform under big game pressure. He has NFL talent and will be in the league playing on Sundays..This will put fear throughout the Big 12 next season!!!! I will personally go down to Lincoln and throw out the red carpet for Mr. Keller.

Zac Taylor came in and learned the offense and got in a rythem in about half a season. Keller will have a whole year to sit and learn the system before he actually will see any game time. As far as the offenses go, ASU runs a somewhat similiar offense but they take way more chances downfield. Not quite as many slants and quick outs as we saw Taylor throw last year.

Exactly what I was thinking...If Zac can pick it up in half a season, we should be good. Although, nothing replaces in game experience!

mm0

I'm more on board with the whole Keller idea now; obviously when teams switch quarterbacks they usually have a dropoff, somewhat, whereas with Keller, we'd be rolling along with no loss in momentum at all. I don't understand why he would even consider staying at ASU and redshirting before transferring next year to play immediately though - as suggested in the article - why wouldn't you redshirt at a school where you'd pick up the system before you're sent out to play?

Anyway. Let's hope for the best, but remember, if he decides on another school, it's not the end of the world. *crosses fingers and hopes we land Keller*

I'm more on board with the whole Keller idea now; obviously when teams switch quarterbacks they usually have a dropoff, somewhat, whereas with Keller, we'd be rolling along with no loss in momentum at all. I don't understand why he would even consider staying at ASU and redshirting before transferring next year to play immediately though - as suggested in the article - why wouldn't you redshirt at a school where you'd pick up the system before you're sent out to play?

Anyway. Let's hope for the best, but remember, if he decides on another school, it's not the end of the world. *crosses fingers and hopes we land Keller*

EXACTLY :yeah

Reading further on this situation I am finding that nothing is official at all and it is still up in the air. What ESPN was thinking reporting all this stuff is beyond me...I do not know what they were thinking.

"Keller, who was named the Sun Devils' starting quarterback on Friday, only to lose the job to sophomore Rudy Carpenter two days later, had also considered transferring to Louisville or UTEP, not Colorado or Oklahoma, as reported elsewhere, a source said."

That's what the new article from ESPN said.