Why do some people not want Keller!?!?!?!

I think for next year, the qb position is the neediest position. We are virtually set at every other main position, with the exception of te next year, but will have players with experience. I don't think Ganz is the future of the prgram. Is he a cool guy? Sure. Is he likeable? Of course. But I want a player who has proven himself in a BCS conference. He is that guy. As long as his act is together, I welcome him with open arms.

theKID, I suppose you're right. I'm just having a long, slow, and arduous process of digesting this information. ZT, for instance, I'd never even heard of before he came here. Other big name transfers that have been pointed out, I had no idea were transfers. It just takes some time getting used to the idea that Keller, an established marquee QB in the college football world, is going to be at Nebraska next year.

*excuse me while I finish digesting*

Let me clarify: I want Keller to come to NU. But I'm reserved about this, and have mixed feelings. Better here than on a potential opponent's team, and this is a truly golden opportunity that doesn't always come around. But QB is not exactly our neediest position, and we run the risk of marginalizing a guy like Ganz or Davis - Ganz, if you recall, was everyone's golden boy when Beck ran off. Again, turning away a guy like Keller would probably be stupid, but he's coming in to supplant guys on the depth chart who have been working all along towards being the next great Husker QB.

But nothing's even official here. We haven't seen Keller in a Husker uniform or in this system, so of course it's hard to imagine him as a Husker. Despite my misgivings, Keller has to get a chance to prove himself, and as others have said, we want the best guy under center next year to lead our team. He's still only a college student and will have a lot of transitioning to do should he come here. We can't really say how he'll respond to that, regardless of his credentials.

Let's not run away with ourselves here. Rumors are getting out of hand. His father has been quoted as saying he's never even met Bill Callahan, while everyone else seems to be touting the Mike Keller-BC connections.

:yeah

Some people are asking questions about why so many team leaders went to the ASU coach and said they would walk if Keller was starting QB.

I would have to ask the same question.

I'd say part of it has to do with the "what have you done for me lately" mentality. Carpenter finished out the season last year and the team felt they were gelling with him. Given the choice of losing Keller, a senior for one year, or Carpenter, a sophomore for 3 years, they felt as a team they'd be better in the long tern with Carpenter as their man. It was also poorly handled by the coach.

I think for next year, the qb position is the neediest position. We are virtually set at every other main position, with the exception of te next year, but will have players with experience. I don't think Ganz is the future of the prgram. Is he a cool guy? Sure. Is he likeable? Of course. But I want a player who has proven himself in a BCS conference. He is that guy. As long as his act is together, I welcome him with open arms.

:yeah nail + head = your answer :thumbs

I don't think anyone blatantly said they didn't want him. I think some people are cautious because the ASU side of the story seems kind of fishy.

:yeah I was just listening to a segement on the radio with a writer for the school, and the hosts said it seemed like he wasn't saying anything. I hope we get the full story of everything.

IF we get Keller, this would potentially be a HUGE coup for the program.

If we overachieve this year (and by that, I mean beating UT or USC, and finishing w/two losses at the most), the program will have a TON of momentum going into 2007.

Imagine finishing in the top 10 and getting ready for Sam Keller to take the reins.

If all falls into place, we could be a National Championship contender in '07.

Lots of ifs, but it does get the heart pumping, no?

:restore

IF we get Keller, this would potentially be a HUGE coup for the program.

If we overachieve this year (and by that, I mean beating UT or USC, and finishing w/two losses at the most), the program will have a TON of momentum going into 2007.

Imagine finishing in the top 10 and getting ready for Sam Keller to take the reins.

If all falls into place, we could be a National Championship contender in '07.

Lots of ifs, but it does get the heart pumping, no?

:restore

I agree completely. This really sets us up for a great run. :1000:1000:1000