Michigan and Harbaugh under NCAA investigation

Toe

Riley said when building this staff, he asked himself what he wanted his program to become.

He wants to emulate Michigan’s build, but that’s easier said than done because it’s heavily reliant on development and requires a lot of work and patience. Riley wants to sign high school players, build from the ground up and become less dependent on the transfer portal.

“The only way that model works — you go get the best developers of talent, and you give the best high school players a reason for why they would want to sign with USC,” Riley said.

He gave Michigan credit for the work it did in recent years that led to a national championship this past season.

“They built it and, in a lot of ways, did it the right way,” Riley said.

The Wolverines’ recruiting rankings from the 2021 through 2023 cycles were 13th, ninth and 17th nationally.

https://theathletic.com/5282855/2024/02/18/usc-football-lincoln-riley-defensive-coaches/?amp=1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

During "the covid period" ? :blink:

The time when the world was turned upside down?  People dying.  Zoom meetings, masks, covid shots, etc...  I mean they even played games with cardboard cutouts for fans.  

I don't mind teams getting fines, penalties and probation.  As long as it was outside of that nerve-wrecking crisis time (covid).  

14 hours ago, admo said:

During "the covid period" ? :blink:

The time when the world was turned upside down?  People dying.  Zoom meetings, masks, covid shots, etc...  I mean they even played games with cardboard cutouts for fans.  

I don't mind teams getting fines, penalties and probation.  As long as it was outside of that nerve-wrecking crisis time (covid).  

I agree. This was for cheeseburger-gate and Harbaugh not cooperating because he thought it was stupid. I am surprised Michigan took the penalty since Harbaugh was suspended for 3 games for this and Moore one game, but it doesn't really hurt them.

In other notes an NFL scout was asked if sign-gate would affect the draft stock of Michigan players. This was his answer.

"Nobody in the NFL cares."  "I've watched them play, and I've watched them physically beat the snot out of everybody up front."  "I don't think there's some piece of information that's the reason why Aiden Hutchinson just put the Ohio State tackle on his backside.  I don't see the connection there."  "They have a bunch of NFL players, they're big, they're strong, they're physical, and they beat people up."  

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/v30gfDyg6cY?si=7hox5L9K4OM7BYEf

• TBH 1