2023 Spring Practice Notes - Offensive Line

Mavric

I believe Raiola did some rotating at times last year with his linemen.  Noticed it on a drive here and there.  So I won't be surprised to see Lutovsky or another guy come in at times. 

To be honest I kind of like that, even if I don't know why he does it (player hurt or just getting other guys reps).  It's good overall.

• 4 weeks later...

Heard a note from Sean Callahan on a podcast that this year's offensive line has graded the best they have since 2016 in Run blocking.  Pass blocking however.....

I don't get the actual grades, so can't confirm, but I would admit that the run blocking is much better so far this year.  

• TBH 1
1 hour ago, soup said:

Heard a note from Sean Callahan on a podcast that this year's offensive line has graded the best they have since 2016 in Run blocking.  Pass blocking however.....

I don't get the actual grades, so can't confirm, but I would admit that the run blocking is much better so far this year.  

After rewatching the La Tech game, I would agree with this assessment.  They actually run block (even Corcoran) pretty well.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

And yet we still have folks out there and on this site that say our OL is worse this year than previous years.  But that doesn't tell the whole story. In one half of their job they are arguably better than they have been for 7 years.  Again, I don't have the data on pass blocking, but I would guess it is about the same as it has been over the past 7 years, crap.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

1 hour ago, soup said:

Again, I don't have the data on pass blocking, but I would guess it is about the same as it has been over the past 7 years, crap.

I hear you.

Brendan Jaimes really was one hell of a good left tackle. People hated Matt Farniok but I gotta say, he was probably better in pass blocking than what we've got now, and he got two NFL contracts. So that lineup was decent.

But there were a lot of times where Adrian just didn't have a ton of time to throw the ball in years 3 & 4 under Frost.

• Plus1 1