Texas Tech game will leave no excuses for Lee

Zerotide

I've been thinking about this. Zac Lee has been struggling against BCS competition. So far the excuses for his piss poor performances against Mizzou and VTech have been hostile away environment, monsoon, tough pass defenses.

On Texas Tech gameday, Lee will have the home crowd behind him, be facing a very average pass defense, and hopefully there will be no precipitation.

TT is the first game we get to truly see if Lee just has the away game jitters or if he really can't put a good passing game together.

I like Lee I think he's a really good decision maker and is good at protecting the ball, but I just haven't seen anything from him that proves he is going to turn our pass offense into a potent one.

For the record I don't blame the ridiculous passing numbers from the Mizzou game on Lee, and I admired the fact that he stuck with it in those conditions, but I am going to be really anxious about us being able to keep up with TT's offense.

Edit:

Forgot to add bad play calling. We should be questioning Watson too if we have another bad display on Sat.

I've been thinking about this. Zac Lee has been struggling against BCS competition. So far the excuses for his piss poor performances against Mizzou and VTech have been hostile away environment, monsoon, tough pass defenses.

On Texas Tech gameday, Lee will have the home crowd behind him, be facing a very average pass defense, and hopefully there will be no precipitation.

TT is the first game we get to truly see if Lee just has the away game jitters or if he really can't put a good passing game together.

I like Lee I think he's a really good decision maker and is good at protecting the ball, but I just haven't seen anything from him that proves he is going to turn our pass offense into a potent one.

For the record I don't blame the ridiculous passing numbers from the Mizzou game on Lee, and I admired the fact that he stuck with it in those conditions, but I am going to be really anxious about us being able to keep up with TT's offense.

Agreed. It's time for Lee to show SOMETHING . . . ANYTHING. I don't want to have to jump on the play Cody bandwagon . . . and I don't think I will . . . but . . . BUT . . . Lee's performance against the only two real teams he has faced was terrible.

Agreed on this, but I'll extrapolate it to the whole offense. We've been slow starters for two years now. We took half the season to find our identity (the catchphrase of the day) on offense last year. We've yet to find it this year.

In games Helu has mentioned more than once that he takes a while to get "into the flow" of the game. He did it against FAU and Ark State, and the whole offense did it against VT - we had zero yards in the first quarter. ZERO! That's crazy!

Lee will begin feeling a LOT of heat from people who have been supporting him throughout this "Play Cody Green" debate. Several people here on HB have said Green would be starting by mid-season. I and several others defended Lee in that debate, but bottom line is, he struggles again this week and the ranks of his supporters will plummet.

Lee, Helu, our WRs and our OC all have to be on the same page and ready to go in this game. A couple of blown assignments against this Tech offense (blown assignments like we've already seen several times this year by several different players) and we could be down 14-0 or 21-0 before Watson turns to the second page of the playbook.

Edit:

Forgot to add bad play calling. We should be questioning Watson too if we have another bad display on Sat.

I'd actually like to see some precipitation. I'd like to think that it would hurt Tech more than us...that is if we decide to run the ball more than we did at Mizzou.

You are correct sir! I see this team kind of like last years team, each game they played they got a little better and little better... I think Mr. Lee has a WHALE of a passing day. But, you're correct, we in the fan-nation, are dying to see it alllllll come together. Like a band of hungry hyena's on the corpse of a cape buffalo, I wanna see some gnawin'... a little swipin'... some rippin'... some divin'... some tearin'... some tail yankin'... some haunch chewin'... I wanna see this team rip somebody a NEW ARSE! I think Saturday might be the day. Here's to Saturday. GO BIG RED!

Maybe I'm a rabid fan, (good GOD - I KNOW I am), but I remember the early 70"s (now granted I was just a little kid then), the 80's the 90's and what I remember is the ARM FLEXING, banging helmets so hard with their team-mates they'd knock each other down, darn little FINESSE and ALL BRUTE offensive / defensive lines. That kind of FIRE is really what it takes... I'm starting to see it on this team. They may not be BRUTAL yet, but it won't be long and you'll start seeing guys with pieces of opposing teams jerseys in their TEETH, bloodied knuckles, crazy eyes... You know that look you get when you pound your chest after a touchdown and scream, "YEAH! GOD-D%^&M RIGHT it's a TOUCHDOWN! YEAH!" or, your defense knocks the pizz out of an opposing QB time after time (uhhhh, hi Mr. Manning..? May I assist you to the TURF!?!) and you jump up and scream "YEAH!" in a ROAR. THAT is how I remember NU football and it will likely kill me one day in a coronary over-load, but I STILL rip myself off the couch and jump in the air ready to rape GODZILLA whenever those boys slam someone down or bang and rip off an 8 yard run leaving people on their back. I must be rabid, 'cause NO-ONE understands how a fat man like me can still stalk around the living room floor breathing hard, fists clenched, stomping marks in my carpet for 90 minutes on gameday! Sometimes I wonder if them kids EVER KNOW how much heartfelt emotion they invoke in their fan-base... If they did, they'd likely fist fight thru every play... I think I'm starting to see it in this team... Here's to hoping! GO BIG RED!!!

Maybe I'm a rabid fan, (good GOD - I KNOW I am), but I remember the early 70"s (now granted I was just a little kid then), the 80's the 90's and what I remember is the ARM FLEXING, banging helmets so hard with their team-mates they'd knock each other down, darn little FINESSE and ALL BRUTE offensive / defensive lines. That kind of FIRE is really what it takes... I'm starting to see it on this team. They may not be BRUTAL yet, but it won't be long and you'll start seeing guys with pieces of opposing teams jerseys in their TEETH, bloodied knuckles, crazy eyes... You know that look you get when you pound your chest after a touchdown and scream, "YEAH! GOD-D%^&M RIGHT it's a TOUCHDOWN! YEAH!" or, your defense knocks the pizz out of an opposing QB time after time (uhhhh, hi Mr. Manning..? May I assist you to the TURF!?!) and you jump up and scream "YEAH!" in a ROAR. THAT is how I remember NU football and it will likely kill me one day in a coronary over-load, but I STILL rip myself off the couch and jump in the air ready to rape GODZILLA whenever those boys slam someone down or bang and rip off an 8 yard run leaving people on their back. I must be rabid, 'cause NO-ONE understands how a fat man like me can still stalk around the living room floor breathing hard, fists clenched, stomping marks in my carpet for 90 minutes on gameday! Sometimes I wonder if them kids EVER KNOW how much heartfelt emotion they invoke in their fan-base... If they did, they'd likely fist fight thru every play... I think I'm starting to see it in this team... Here's to hoping! GO BIG RED!!!

and the Post of the Year Award goes to.........

Wow, That pretty much sums up Nebraska football entirely!

It's unfortunate that anyone asking for Green to get quality playing time is automatically bunched in with the "Cody Green is god" group. At this point, wanting Cody Green to be a viable option has nothing to do with Cody Green being a great performer, and everything to do with Lee being an awful performer. I give credit to Lee for hanging in there on Thursday, but the fact is that his overall performance was terrible. He made a good throw to a wide-open Paul for the first TD. The second TD he telegraphed his pass the ENTIRE way, and Paul went up and made a nice grab. The safety was in great position and played it horribly. The third TD was more of a great call by Watson than a great play by Lee.

It is what it is. Lee has not performed against either of our real opponents this season. He needs to step up.

You sir are welcome in my living room anytime. You are my brother.