**Official Religious Debate Thread**

The more pertinent question is, If God exists, why are we having this discussion?

One might answer faith, but this is nothing but a begged question. One assumes there's a God and furthermore knows that he wants the founding principle of our relationship to be knowing, loving, and worshipping what we can't demonstrate exists. What we learn from this is that our God likes to play Hide and Seek. Why go to the trouble of having a relationship with your creation when you can stay home?

More to the question of the thread, though, I believe that everyone on the planet, including myself, and whether they admit it or not, is an agnostic. No one knows if God exists, yet some claim to both ways. With a theist, however, there comes a second step. Not only do they know who he/she/it is, but they also know what he/she/it wants, and in some cases are intent on making sure you obey that will just as they––selectively––do.

That just sounds like semantics to me. Sure, he could reveal himself, but given that faith is an essential piece to a relationship with God, he can't.

So we are both really saying the same thing.

He has revealed himself through Jesus. He has revealed himself through Moses, Noah, and many prophets.

That just sounds like semantics to me. Sure, he could reveal himself, but given that faith is an essential piece to a relationship with God, he can't.

He has revealed himself through Jesus. He has revealed himself through Moses, Noah, and many prophets.

now you're complicating things.

The original question was "is there a god." Not which god. Your statement assumes that the Christian god is the only true monotheistic entity. And I hope to god (pun intended) that the Christian god is not THE god. Otherwise I fear that we have a cruel and jealous god ruling over us.

However, I "believe" that there is no mono-(or poly) theistic god(s). Rather, the idea of a god, or multiple gods, was created to ease the mind of man kind many years ago in order for them to understand life, death, and all of it in between.

• Fire 1

now you're complicating things.

The original question was "is there a god." Not which god. Your statement assumes that the Christian god is the only true monotheistic entity. And I hope to god (pun intended) that the Christian god is not THE god. Otherwise I fear that we have a cruel and jealous god ruling over us.

However, I "believe" that there is no mono-(or poly) theistic god(s). Rather, the idea of a god, or multiple gods, was created to ease the mind of man kind many years ago in order for them to understand life, death, and all of it in between.

I am not complicating things. Landlord said that he could reveal himself I just responded saying that God has. I would have responded in a different way if I had a different religion but I dont so I responded by what I know.