Tommie Tonight

Tommy Lee was on Jay Leno to plug his new album and the Tommy Goes to College reality show.

for those that didn't see it.. there wasn't much but it is something.

The show's band played There Is No Place Like Nebraska as Lee was introduced (can't say i saw that coming).

Most of the conversation was about Lee's kids and Pamela (SP?).

They played a clip from the upcoming reality show where Lee is talking to Harvey Pearlman. Lee comments how beautiful the campus is and Harvey says that we're very proud of it.... so "don't trash it."

He said his parents had wanted him to go to college but he had a recording contract before he finished high school and never went.

Lee also named some other candidate schools: LA, Miami, Texas A&M. the mention of A&M brought a hoot from someone in the crowd, Tommy looked a little off-guard but flashed the Horns hand-sign :rollin.

can't imagine that would have gone over too well with the Aggie fans in the audience.

He sounded as if Nebraska coming on board as The School was what convinced him to do it. Nebraska was perfect b/c it had an extra "fish out of water" element that would have been missing from LA schools and Miami.

Looks like the Husker band and stadium will get quite a few shots in the show.

school officials said the University is portrayed positively so...

here's a question, though it may be a stretch-- anyone think it may have any impact on recruiting?

well i dunno if it will help more than the tradition of winning and the fan pride/loyalty but if it is positive then sure why not...after all some people dont even know where Nebraska is so maybe the show will put it on the map. if anything i would it could help enrollment in the student body, especially if it is portrayed as some sort of "party school" :cheers

any news on when it airs?

Tommy Lee was on Jay Leno to plug his new album and the Tommy Goes to College reality show.

for those that didn't see it.. there wasn't much but it is something.

The show's band played There Is No Place Like Nebraska as Lee was introduced (can't say i saw that coming).

Most of the conversation was about Lee's kids and Pamela (SP?).

They played a clip from the upcoming reality show where Lee is talking to Harvey Pearlman. Lee comments how beautiful the campus is and Harvey says that we're very proud of it.... so "don't trash it."

He said his parents had wanted him to go to college but he had a recording contract before he finished high school and never went.

Lee also named some other candidate schools: LA, Miami, Texas A&M. the mention of A&M brought a hoot from someone in the crowd, Tommy looked a little off-guard but flashed the Horns hand-sign :rollin.

can't imagine that would have gone over too well with the Aggie fans in the audience.

He sounded as if Nebraska coming on board as The School was what convinced him to do it. Nebraska was perfect b/c it had an extra "fish out of water" element that would have been missing from LA schools and Miami.

Looks like the Husker band and stadium will get quite a few shots in the show.

school officials said the University is portrayed positively so...

here's a question, though it may be a stretch-- anyone think it may have any impact on recruiting?

It will get more far reaching out of state kids to come to NU. When my friends came out to Lincoln from New Jersey, they were pleasantly surprised with "O" St. They also liked how the strippers at "The Night Before" did "so much" for only a dollar.

Even how some of the recruits say, "I don't want to go to a "farm town." Unless they have come to Lincoln or at least seen pics, that's what some of them think.

and believe it or not the 'skers got a mention AGAIN tonight. a minor mention mind you but still, what are the chances?

i caught in on the middle of it but apparently they were having a beach competition and one of the contests was between two girls who had to change their swimsuits- on air- but they had change underneath a huge sweat shirt.

The first girl was from Denmark and the second was from (drum roll) Nebraska.

Jay asked his band leader Kevin who he thought would win and Kevin replied "I'll go with the Cornhusker!" (to which the audience cheers).

and to top it off the Cornchick won the contest before her opponent even had her panties back on. :box

It may be a good omen. ;)

Growing up in Nebraska many years ago, I do not remember young ladies being very quick at removing their clothes, it was always quite an effor if I remember correctly.  OHH the memories.  It sure sucks getting old!!!!!!

maybe you didnt use enough "liquid panty remover" :lol:

well these girls were on a beach... so you'd have to consider a sun tanning lotion factor. aka "liquid panty remover"

these were smallish bacinis too, which can be much easier to remove/put-on than some of the full body counterparts.

:cheers

and believe it or not the 'skers got a mention AGAIN tonight. a minor mention mind you but still, what are the chances?

i caught in on the middle of it but apparently they were having a beach competition and one of the contests was between two girls who had to change their swimsuits- on air- but they had change underneath a huge sweat shirt.

The first girl was from Denmark and the second was from (drum roll) Nebraska.

Jay asked his band leader Kevin who he thought would win and Kevin replied "I'll go with the Cornhusker!" (to which the audience cheers).

and to top it off the Cornchick won the contest before her opponent even had her panties back on. :box

It may be a good omen. ;)

yeah i saw that last night also. the nebraska girl whipped her ass. it was funny i wasnt even watching the tv until jay said ( from nrbraska ) my head poped up in a flash. my wife just shook her head.