Spring Game Visitor List

Just heard that Brett Hundley isn't making the trip now? :dunno

I can't find anything about that on rivals or scout, where did you see this?

So I take it you're a premium member over there then? If so, then you've answered my question. :thumbs

I read it over on the Rivals free board. Someone said they heard he had a change of plans and wouldn't make it up this weekend. Even after Rivals had posted the newest article of him saying he was "excited" about coming up to Lincoln.

Looks like these boys are correct. I don't think Hundley is going to make.

By the way, did you ever get a final answer on whether Todd Peat is going to make it?

I agree, this is a good list. Our sold out stadium will hopefully impress these kids. :koolaid2:

let's hope our stadium actually sells out. i'm sure the kids will be impressed no matter what, but a sell out would really say something.

Anyone know how close it is to sellout?

I agree, this is a good list. Our sold out stadium will hopefully impress these kids. :koolaid2:

let's hope our stadium actually sells out. i'm sure the kids will be impressed no matter what, but a sell out would really say something.

Anyone know how close it is to sellout?

i believe it was said that about 70K had been sold as of a few days ago. i have no idea how many they're selling though (i know they cut it off at less than capacity a couple of years ago and rope off a section for former players, etc.). with the weather looking pretty nice, let's hope a lot of folks buy walk ups.

Recruiting visitors update

Posted by: Brian Christopherson on April 16, 2010 at 6:39PM CST

It's some crop of recruiting talent that is planning to converge on Lincoln for the spring game. What makes it so impressive about is these aren't official visits so the recruits are attending on their own dimes.

Among the anticipated visitors:

Defensive end Jalen Grimble, Las Vegas (ranked fifth in the country at his position by Scout.com with four stars)

Running back Aaron Green, San Antonio (ranked third in the country at his position by Scout with five stars, brother of Husker corner Andrew Green)

Quarterback Christian Suntrup, St. Louis (three stars by Scout)

Defensive tackle Todd Peat, Tempe, Ariz. (ranked 12th in the country at his position by Scout with four stars)

Defensive tackle Quincy Russell, San Antonio (ranked 7th in the country at his position by Scout with four stars, friend of Aaron Green)

Cornerback Alex Dixon, Clearwater, Fla. (teammate of Tyler Moore)

Defensive tackle Mason Fuller, Chicago (three stars, no offer from NU yet)

Wide receiver Desmond Roland, Dallas (ranked 35th nationally at his position, four stars, no offer from NU yet)

Talked briefly with Aaron Green today while sitting in on a local radio show with Steve Ryan on 1480 KLMS. Green, who did the interview about 20 minutes before he was to run the first leg of a 4x100 race, said he is in no hurry to make a decision but was impressed by Bo Pelini.

He also said his brother Andrew has been supportive but tried in no way to influence his decision.

All five of the commits for the 2011 class are expected to attend the Red-White game: Quarterback Jamal Turner (Arlington, Texas) and offensive linemen Tyler Moore (Clearwater, Fla.), Dylan Admire (Overland Park, Kan.), Ryne Reeves (Crete) and Ryan Klachko (Springfield, Illinois).

There's also an impressive number of 2010 signees who are planning on attending:

Safety Corey Cooper

Defensive end Tobi Okuyemi

Defensive end Donovan Vestal

Offensive lineman Andrew Rodriguez

Tight end Chase Harper

Wide receiver/defensive back Tyler Evans

Wide receiver Kenny Bell

Cornerback Ciante Evans

Running back Braylon Heard

Safety Harvey Jackson

Cornerback Joshua Mitchell

Defensive end Jake Cotton