WYHusk

Fire Pelini!

GSG    5,521

That site has been up since Bo got here, but it's still a good reminder of what was. Ugh.

ESPY    76

That's a .com address, which means someone is paying money for that domain...

Noticed that too. Hilarious!

Sparker    314

I did a whois search on the domain, thinking it was a company that made it. It pulled up the guy's name, address and phone number. That's scary.

sd'sker    3,251

I'm not quite ready to make lite of this subject.

Somebody should burn this site down.

T_O_B

:bonesflag:

t_o_bull, i do not want to embarrass you, but i think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the internet. you can not "burn down" a website. the internet is not some series of tubes that a truck can dump stuff into.

Chaddyboxer    419

I'm not quite ready to make lite of this subject.

Somebody should burn this site down.

T_O_B

:bonesflag:

t_o_bull, i do not want to embarrass you, but i think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the internet. you can not "burn down" a website. the internet is not some series of tubes that a truck can dump stuff into.

well...i will poop on the website! all over it!

knapplc    17,857

Fire Turner Gill

Fire Mack Brown

If you do some digging you'll find that there is a similar site using the name of pretty much every Div 1A head coach, either live or registered as www.fire________.com. Some people think it's a business opportunity. Such sites have been around since Al Gore put the first set of tubes in series.

Dewiz    1,341

If you think the Bo Pelini website is bad that isn't nothing compared to this one.....

www.firecoachmeyer.com :facepalm:

Urban Meyer has brought a mediocre Florida team into a National Powerhouse team w/ 2 National Championships.

Bradr    212

As long as the domain is available, and assuming you have a credit card available too, a website like this can be up in a few minutes. Typically a yearly charge is $30-60 a year for web hosting. You can get breaks for signing up for several years in a package.

So yes. Someone paid around 50 bucks to have this put up there.

Kinda funny too, this was in the web page's code:

<!-- By looking at the source of this page, you have contracted swine flu. That's too bad -->  

I like adding things like that that most people will never see.

Vuren    27

If you think the Bo Pelini website is bad that isn't nothing compared to this one.....

Urban Meyer has brought a mediocre Florida team into a National Powerhouse team w/ 2 National Championships.

and has had over 40 major player arrests during that time.

NUance    6,940
Gripe sessions formerly reserved for bars and barbershops now also take place anonymously in cyberspace, where, with a few keystrokes and a credit card, a disgruntled fan can set up a website and launch a grass roots campaign to have a coach canned.

And now, one mysterious fan is trying to cash in on fans' frustrations.

He obtained the rights to nearly 30 fire-the-coach Web pages over the years and under the Redshirted.com banner is selling them for up to $250 apiece.

Sites naming Callahan, Croom and Roof are for sale there, and so are those featuring Iowa's Kirk Ferentz, West Virginia's Rich Rodriguez and, inexplicably, Gerry DiNardo — who two years ago was fired by Indiana and now works as an analyst for ESPN.

The owner of Redshirted, in an e-mail to The Associated Press, would identify himself only as a technology worker from Austin, Texas, named Doug.

He calls the project an experiment in sports sociology and psychology, and says he was surprised that schools or even the coaches themselves didn't think first to secure those dot-coms and prevent what he called "a future PR nightmare."

"I'm not suggesting that (Nebraska officials) buying 'FireBillCallahan.com' would prevent disgruntled Nebraska fans from finding an outlet on the Internet to voice their opinions," he wrote. "It would, however, be an easy way to create an obstacle for a large segment of the public." LINK

kansas husker    109

I tried to open the link yesterday at work, the internet security popped up and wouldn't let me view the site. I thought to myself there must be something vulger of offensive on the page. I completely underestimated how offensive it was.

edit: let me rephrase that, seeing billy c was offensive not the content of the site, the content I found funny.

kansas husker    109

and has had over 40 major player arrests during that time.

here is one I expected to be bad FireDanHawkins.com

but its not.

I did a whois search on the domain, thinking it was a company that made it. It pulled up the guy's name, address and phone number. That's scary.

With a UNL phone pre-fix. Probably the dorm phone of his enemy.

Good ol' Eric ought to buy private registration.