shoulda coulda woulda

DelK

So they are saying that not playing a football game is going to heal the process even more? I think not having one puts more of a dampener on it. Although it would have been better if the announcers didn't say anything about it and had not keep going back and forth to the Penn state QB coach. If they would have acted like nothing happened (accept for the prayer), I think it would have been a lot better.

It was a very uncomfortable atmosphere, until the prayer. It sort of brang the two communities together showing that we are all in this together, that in itself is American right there and made me very very proud.

To not let the game go on would have only continued that uncomfortable feeling.

What I did not like is all the attention ESPN was putting on Paterno as if hes a victim in all of this. Has the entire staff at ESPN not read the grand jury report? And gosh, leave his son alone!! For them to even ask his son about the ordeal showed such low-class on their part. It was way to soon and nobodys business, but what else do you expect from a media that has absolutely no heart.

Agree. The way ESPN microscoped this thing made me wanna puke. Do we really need a camera outside JoePa's house watching every move???? How many other games do they talk to the QB coach???? Apparently it was only this one because the head coach who got fired was his dad. I thought once the game started it would go away and the network could just worry about football. Instead the network had a "spy" on jay Paterno and Coach Paterno's house. ESPN is blowing this thing up more than it really needs to be....... leave these people alone!!!!!!!

Did you just say brang?

Playing football did nothing for the abused kids but that doesn't mean the game should've been cancelled.

I was kid of appalled at all of the "we will do what is best for this university, to move forward" talk. They aren't the victims here.

Very well said. That commercial by their interim president was terrible.

Do we really need a camera outside JoePa's house watching every move????

I said the same to my wife during the game. There will be plenty of time to figure out how culpable JoePa may be but the fellow lives in a regular little house on a little street with a wife who clearly loves him. It sickened me to see them stalking those folks.

The staff did not do these things to the kids, one individual that was not with the program did them.

Easy to set back and say what we would have done, but when these things happen in daily life the outsider very seldom does anything.

these things happen on a daily basis around this country, children are abused, women are beaten, and very seldom does anyone do anything about it.

I understand the University wanting to clear the air about this, and get past it. I expect them to become very involved with this down the road. I was not impressed with the comments made by the new president, did not like his superior attitude, but it is a tough situation and hard to handle to the satisfaction of all.

The game should have been played no question. You saw it during the game, how things began to get back to normal. Healing takes a long time on things like this, but it is never to soon to start the process.

I am anxious to hear how our fans were treated. I have not heard a negative, but I know when we there in 2002 a lot of stuff went on.

My guess it was great reception. And I thank god this did not happen at our program. We have had some stinkers no question, but this tops all that I have heard of.

As a board we should do something to help kids like this, any ideas.