Hello Husker fans!

First of all Happy Thanksgiving.

I came to your board because I was reading today that Carl Pelini has interviewed to replace Howard Schnellenberger at FAU. Since I don't watch a lot of Husker games, what are your thoughts on him and how he would do as a Head Coach? He obviously has good coaching bloodlines. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hello Husker fans!

I came to your board because I was reading today that Carl Pelini has interviewed to replace Howard Schnellenberger at FAU. Since I don't watch a lot of Husker games, what are your thoughts on him and how he would do as a Head Coach? He obviously has good coaching bloodlines. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

i doubt any interview has taken place, as we are in the middle of our season.......i call bullsh#t!

Wish I could help you but I honestly don't know what to make of the guy. Not sure how much input Bo has on the defense in gameplanning or in-game adjustments and how much of that responsibility falls on Carl. Based on what I've seen I can't say that I see a heck of a lot of adjustments out of him when things aren't going well defensively. He's got a temper just like his brother... Not sure if he has what it takes to be a head coach.

Hello Husker fans!

i doubt any interview has taken place, as we are in the middle of our season.......i call bullsh#t!

It was reported on one of our FAU blogs: Owlaccess.com. It's a "premium" article, but I saw it posted on Twitter and if you click the link, you get the gist of the article from the google summary:

HuskerInsanity Erik Burkhart

Carl Pelini a candidate for the Florida Atlantic head coaching job? http://tinyurl.com/7jby4sq #Huskers

2 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Wish I could help you but I honestly don't know what to make of the guy. Not sure how much input Bo has on the defense in gameplanning or in-game adjustments and how much of that responsibility falls on Carl. Based on what I've seen I can't say that I see a heck of a lot of adjustments out of him when things aren't going well defensively. He's got a temper just like his brother... Not sure if he has what it takes to be a head coach.

Thanks for the info. The other known candidates include Mike Leach (he's college friends with our AD, but probably a long shot), Northern Alabama head coach and fomer Auburn coach Terry Bowden, Arkansas OC Garrick McGee, Houston OC Jason Phillips, and FSU Assoc. Head Coach Eddie Gran. FAU wants to name a coach by the 5th, and this is the first I have heard Pelini's name, so I don't know how serious a candidate he really is. I guess we'll know soon.

If we were to lose Carl, I would like to bring in Doug Coleman or maybe bring back Marvin if they could. Have Marvin be co-DC with Bo and coach safties. Coach Raymond can do corners. If it were Coleman he could coach the interior DLine & JP can do RE's.

I still dont know why we didnt hire Doug Coleman as a full time assistant when we was here as a grad assistant.

As far as Carl, I dont think he is head coach material not now or ever. Anyone know why he hasnt been on the sidelines the last couple of games.

If we were to lose Carl, I would like to bring in Doug Coleman or maybe bring back Marvin if they could. Have Marvin be co-DC with Bo and coach safties. Coach Raymond can do corners. If it were Coleman he could coach the interior DLine & JP can do RE's.

I still dont know why we didnt hire Doug Coleman as a full time assistant when we was here as a grad assistant.

As far as Carl, I dont think he is head coach material not now or ever. Anyone know why he hasnt been on the sidelines the last couple of games.

I thought I saw him in both games. Maybe I was seeing things...

Still have no idea what happened to Marvin other than rumors. Would love to see him comeback. A huge loss and so far impossible to replace or replicate. Do not think our DB's would have been burnt so bad this year if he was still here.