Was told by someone that has been right about this stuff about 95% of the time. So there is still a chance of he could be wrong, but I don't think so. It would be like NU to find Carl and Barney a new job so it would look like they left (like Watson) instead of being fired.

I feel ya. Believe me, I'm not one to jump on someone who claims to have a good source. The funny thing is, I heard that the Chris Petersen thing may have some weight to it, from a source who's also right damn near all the time. That's why this rumor is particularly interesting to me.

Well if that rumor about Peterson is true (I haven't heard it yet) then they will have to move quickly because the last I heard about he is that he's very interested in the UNC job.

In the original 'Smart Bomb' thread the writer said that Bo had permission to talk to Old Miss. Bo's name isn't even mentioned as a candidate. What they would like is for Peyton Manning to coach there should his neck injury keep him from returning to Professional Ball (Archie, Peyton's dad, is on the Search Committee at Old Miss) Here is what they are saying:

http://blog.gulflive.com/mississippi-press-sports/2011/11/new_ole_miss_coach_should_be_a.html

Carl's name isn't mentioned for FAU either. Here are the coaches they are talking about.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/fau-owls/fl-fau-football-news-1122-20111121,0,826583.story

Candidates who Angelos has had contact with include former Texas Tech coach Mike Leach, North Alabama coach Terry Bowden, former Clemson coach Tommy Bowden, Florida State assistant Eddie Gran and Florida State assistant and former North Carolina State head coach Chuck Amato.

Sorry to say this but I think there is little or no credibility in the information that has been shared with regards to 'Smart Bomb'. It's just a bunch of 'heresay' from someone who may or may not be right. I'm sure there are people on this board who know lots as to what's going on inside with regards to the Huskers, however, I'm not going to believe anything until it's been confirmed by a credible source.

Oh yeah, about this 'Chris Peterson coming to Nebraska' thing: Bogus. Peterson is from California. Arizona wants him badly

http://www.oregonlive.com/pac-12/index.ssf/2011/10/pac-12-roundup-links_4.html

He's already spurrned Standford to stay at Boise. Why would he come here?? http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6008976

Others are speculating that he might pick (and yeah this is bleacher report so take it with a grain of salt) these 5 colleges if he were to leave Boise:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/905808-boise-state-football-the-5-jobs-that-might-entice-chris-petersen-to-leave

5-USC

4-Tennesee

3-Georgia

2-Miami Dolphins

1-UCLA

Petersen appears to be very happy at Boise St. If he said 'no' to Stanford, again, why in the world would he come here?

Notice how you never see Owls2012 and Nebraskaart in the same place, at the same time...

coincidencei128552320517049851.jpg

I can assure you I'm only me and I'm not part of some Husker conspiracy.

The only reason I posted on here was to find out about Carl and his qualifications to be a HC. I found it strange that his name would be connected to FAU as well. The other assistant coaches that are candidates for our job either have ties to Florida or are known as really good recruiters...and Carl doesn't appear to be either a Florida guy or a recruiting guru...so I have my doubts he'll end up as our coach. The only thing I know is the website where his name first appeared, Owlaccess.com, has been accurate with who we have interviewed, so I don't doubt that we have talked to Carl.

Owls, no worries. Walks was just having some fun at the expense of some folks here who seem to enjoy perpetuating conspiracy theories. That had nothing to do with you. You're welcome here, and if your team ends up taking Carl, we wish you luck.

If you hear anything else, let us know.

No harm meant, just bustin' stones...

Owls- Carl doesn't have big ties to Florida but he's a solid recruiter. He does well for us in California and he makes in roads very fast. He was a strong candidate at Minnisosta when they hired Jerry Kill. It probably would have been a great job for him but much like the Stoop's he didn't want to coach against his brother. Great football mind from the Pappa Stoops coaching tree. He probably would be a head coach somewhere at the d -1 level had he not chose to stay at the high school ranks for such a long while. He finally moved back up when Bo hit the college ranks as a DC here under Solich. If I remember correctly he was also a GA under Snyder a KState many moons ago. He'd be a solid hire.

Owls, no worries. Walks was just having some fun at the expense of some folks here who seem to enjoy perpetuating conspiracy theories. That had nothing to do with you. You're welcome here, and if your team ends up taking Carl, we wish you luck.

If you hear anything else, let us know.

No harm meant, just bustin' stones...

No offense taken...just clarifying why I'm here!

Owls- Carl doesn't have big ties to Florida but he's a solid recruiter. He does well for us in California and he makes in roads very fast. He was a strong candidate at Minnisosta when they hired Jerry Kill. It probably would have been a great job for him but much like the Stoop's he didn't want to coach against his brother. Great football mind from the Pappa Stoops coaching tree. He probably would be a head coach somewhere at the d -1 level had he not chose to stay at the high school ranks for such a long while. He finally moved back up when Bo hit the college ranks as a DC here under Solich. If I remember correctly he was also a GA under Snyder a KState many moons ago. He'd be a solid hire.

Good to hear. If we don't hire someone with previous HC experience, a coordinator at a big time program like Nebraska would be great. You just never know who is responsible for what anymore...at a lot of places, the DC or OC may or may not be calling plays or people will tell you the head coach is more responsible for that unit's success. Especially when that person is the brother of the head coach, you never really know how good a coach someone is. Recruiting is a priority for us, so if Carl is solid there, he could be a fit. Thanks for the info.