Mike Stoops would be an excellent hire, but I doubt it happens. It would be a lot more likely Mike ends up back at OU and then we get the incompetent Venables. I doubt that happens as well. I don't want to derail this thread, but why would we ever want Chris Peterson if Bo does end up leaving? If you look at his predecessors, they failed miserably once they left the smurf turf. This is one of the biggest reasons I believe he's never taken any jobs offered to him because he's seen what happened to the two coaches before him that left Boise State. He's got a good thing going. Why mess it up?

I didn't and couldn't see Carl and Bo going separate ways....and a few years ago, I would have lost sleep over this possible "Rumor".... but after seeing a defense that appears to be "overmatched" at least 2-3 times a year, I will not stay awake thinking about this. Especially after listening to former players who know the inside and outs better than the fans and most on this board. Many former players came out this week and began questioning the defensive philosophy (1620 the zone as my source).......

If it wasn't for outstanding efforts of a few (David, Dennard...PSU-MSU), this could be much worse. every player has made a play or two this season, but when former players begin to question schemes, then maybe there is substance.

Telling you, as much as I LOVED Sanders, he isn't coming back....and Coleman doesn't really "excite" me either. If Carl leaves, then Bo needs to go get a "big time" DC, whom shares the same philosophy he does.

Does Bo have anymore high school buddies he can call up to be defensive coordinator?

There are things that I think that Carl is better at than Bo in regards to head coaching skills. I think Carl is better with the media. He strikes me as a little more even tempered. I don't think he is as good as Bo as far as X's and O's. He a very very fine DL coach. Have no idea on how good a head coach he would be. I think a lot of it depends on the staff you hire.

I didn't and couldn't see Carl and Bo going separate ways....and a few years ago, I would have lost sleep over this possible "Rumor".... but after seeing a defense that appears to be "overmatched" at least 2-3 times a year, I will not stay awake thinking about this. Especially after listening to former players who know the inside and outs better than the fans and most on this board. Many former players came out this week and began questioning the defensive philosophy (1620 the zone as my source).......

If it wasn't for outstanding efforts of a few (David, Dennard...PSU-MSU), this could be much worse. every player has made a play or two this season, but when former players begin to question schemes, then maybe there is substance.

Telling you, as much as I LOVED Sanders, he isn't coming back....and Coleman doesn't really "excite" me either. If Carl leaves, then Bo needs to go get a "big time" DC, whom shares the same philosophy he does.

Does Bo have anymore high school buddies he can call up to be defensive coordinator?

By high school buddies...do you mean buddies he knows from high school or buddies who are currently coaching high school?

Hello Husker fans!

First of all Happy Thanksgiving.

I came to your board because I was reading today that Carl Pelini has interviewed to replace Howard Schnellenberger at FAU. Since I don't watch a lot of Husker games, what are your thoughts on him and how he would do as a Head Coach? He obviously has good coaching bloodlines. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

FAU is looking at Carl as one of their top candidates for the job, interesting, I believe this all the way, just suprised they're interested in Carl.

By high school buddies...do you mean buddies he knows from high school or buddies who are currently coaching high school?

I use the term "high school" buddies loosely, but I mean coaches similar to Ross Els, Rich Fisher, and Corey Raymond.

Hello Husker fans!

First of all Happy Thanksgiving.

I came to your board because I was reading today that Carl Pelini has interviewed to replace Howard Schnellenberger at FAU. Since I don't watch a lot of Husker games, what are your thoughts on him and how he would do as a Head Coach? He obviously has good coaching bloodlines. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

FAU is looking at Carl as one of their top candidates for the job, interesting, I believe this all the way, just suprised they're interested in Carl.

He's the DC of Nebraska....they're FAU...who should they be going after?

I just got on here to see where this rumor was headed.... At the game today, heard many times that Carl was gone and that Stoops was the "next DC" at Nebraska.... I just laughed and still do at the idea.....

** Although, this is what I meant when I said that IF Carl is gone or leaves, then Bo needs to get a big name DC with the same philosophy...not Doug Coleman... We need all the help we need with recruiting and having a guy with the last name of STOOPS automatically gets people's attention. The fact that they are close friends and have worked together kind of leads me to believe that they may share same ideals.... Kind of a "perfect fit" to my suggestion.

** I will add further to the "smart bomb"...... a buddy (huskerboard member) just called me and said the gentleman he sits next to at the stadium mentioned Bo and TO aren't necessarily on "good terms" right now..... no elaboration...... any input from guys who either know, or think they know??

Carl and Barney are gone after this year guaranteed.

I hope Carl takes Barney with him

IDK where Barney is going, but I just know that both of them wont' be with NU next year.

...and you know this how?

Oh wait I know. You over heard some guy in the stall next to you in the men's room at the Cornhusker Hotel talking to his acquarium guy oin his cell phone.

T_O_B

G>B>R

Carl and Barney are gone after this year guaranteed.

I hope Carl takes Barney with him

IDK where Barney is going, but I just know that both of them wont' be with NU next year.

I'd also like to know what makes you think this. No need to get defensive - just genuinely curious.