Carl and Barney are gone after this year guaranteed.

A new reply to responses like this. "Smart bomb!"

WTF is that supposed to mean?

http://www.huskerboa...460-smart-bomb/

I don't know anything about that place.

Are you trying to say you're one of our resident insiders? You seem to be hinting at it ;)

I'll just leave it as is and let you find out in due time if I'm right or not.

Are you trying to say you're one of our resident insiders? You seem to be hinting at it ;)

I'm not trying to be a jackass. I'm just curious why you're so confident. I don't remember if you've made predictions like this before or not.

No offense. There was a post that had some intel and the fact Carl woudl be leaving was in it. The poster entitled it "Smart bomb". If these rumors continue to be true, "Smart bomb".

No offense. There was a post that had some intel and the fact Carl woudl be leaving was in it. The poster entitled it "Smart bomb". If these rumors continue to be true, "Smart bomb".

No prob. I am educated now.

How is this dangerously close to the "Smart Bomb" rumor? Carl has been a candidate for a few difference HC jobs in the past few years. Nothing strange about him being a candidate for another one.

Only one I remember him being a candidate for was Youngstown State and that fizzled quickly, which others did you have in mind?

I'm not trying to be a jackass. I'm just curious why you're so confident. I don't remember if you've made predictions like this before or not.

Was told by someone that has been right about this stuff about 95% of the time. So there is still a chance of he could be wrong, but I don't think so. It would be like NU to find Carl and Barney a new job so it would look like they left (like Watson) instead of being fired.

I didn't and couldn't see Carl and Bo going separate ways....and a few years ago, I would have lost sleep over this possible "Rumor".... but after seeing a defense that appears to be "overmatched" at least 2-3 times a year, I will not stay awake thinking about this. Especially after listening to former players who know the inside and outs better than the fans and most on this board. Many former players came out this week and began questioning the defensive philosophy (1620 the zone as my source).......

If it wasn't for outstanding efforts of a few (David, Dennard...PSU-MSU), this could be much worse. every player has made a play or two this season, but when former players begin to question schemes, then maybe there is substance.

Telling you, as much as I LOVED Sanders, he isn't coming back....and Coleman doesn't really "excite" me either. If Carl leaves, then Bo needs to go get a "big time" DC, whom shares the same philosophy he does.

How is this dangerously close to the "Smart Bomb" rumor? Carl has been a candidate for a few difference HC jobs in the past few years. Nothing strange about him being a candidate for another one.

Only one I remember him being a candidate for was Youngstown State and that fizzled quickly, which others did you have in mind?

I can't think of any specific ones. As far as I know, he has been a candidate for other jobs, but never interviewed for any.

I can't think of any specific ones. As far as I know, he has been a candidate for other jobs, but never interviewed for any.

Well if this rivals report about FAU is true, it will be the first. That's what makes it strangely in proximity with that other weird rumor.

Was told by someone that has been right about this stuff about 95% of the time. So there is still a chance of he could be wrong, but I don't think so. It would be like NU to find Carl and Barney a new job so it would look like they left (like Watson) instead of being fired.

I feel ya. Believe me, I'm not one to jump on someone who claims to have a good source. The funny thing is, I heard that the Chris Petersen thing may have some weight to it, from a source who's also right damn near all the time. That's why this rumor is particularly interesting to me.

Well if this rivals report about FAU is true, it will be the first. That's what makes it strangely in proximity with that other weird rumor.

I'm not going to correlate two rumors. That's not a good idea. If they both happen to be true, I will eat my crow.

I'm not going to correlate two rumors. That's not a good idea. If they both happen to be true, I will eat my crow.

Yeah I understand. I just think it's a bit odd they're both surfacing at the same time with somewhat common themes. Odds are they're both just rumors in the end. We'll see.