Santorum Warns about Satan

I haven't heard a rebuttal from husker 99 I will take that as a sign that he was proven wrong. chuckleshuffle

I haven't seen you rebut the quote about the US being in no way a Christian nation.

I will take that as a sign that you agree that the US is not a Christian nation.

Has this nation become more religious since the 50's carl? chuckleshuffle

The nation? I think the populace as a whole is probably less religious.

I would probably lean towards more overt attempts at government endorsement of religion since the "Under God" business.\

So you are saying we have gotten more religious since the fifties?

Still no response. I guess we agree that the US is, in no way, a Christian nation. You still won't address it.

I think this nation was formed on christian values. The Christian nation is tricky, the govt is secular but the people as a nation, the majority is Christian. :wasted

I'm not trying to be a jerk here but could you point out the areas of Christian values? I'm just affraid that there aren't any examples that can't also be linked to other religious influences as well. Thanks.

Mike McDee Quote:

I'm not trying to be a jerk here but could you point out the areas of Christian values? I'm just affraid that there aren't any examples that can't also be linked to other religious influences as well. Thanks.

I never consider anyone a jerk who asks a well thought out question. They could be but you have to remember teh big three religions all have the old testament in common. You have to look at the beliefs of the founding fathers and what they thought at the time. Many like Jefferson were Christians but not devout like you would think of as Quakers and other religious zealots. :D

Mike McDee Quote:

I never consider anyone a jerk who asks a well thought out question. They could be but you have to remember teh big three religions all have the old testament in common. You have to look at the beliefs of the founding fathers and what they thought at the time. Many like Jefferson were Christians but not devout like you would think of as Quakers and other religious zealots. :D

Actually a lot of the founding fathers made a lot of anti-christian comments as well as christian comments. They felt religion had a place but just not in running the government.

Actually a lot of the founding fathers made a lot of anti-christian comments as well as christian comments. They felt religion had a place but just not in running the government.

Yep. Many of them were quite religious, and many were... not so religious.

"I do not find in orthodox Christianity one redeeming feature."

------------

"And the day will come, when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His Father, in the womb of a virgin, will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva, in the brain of Jupiter..."

-Thomas Jefferson

Many like Jefferson were Christians but not devout like you would think of as Quakers and other religious zealots. :D

Do you believe that Jefferson was a Christian? He didn't believe that Jesus was divine, was resurrected, performed miracles, etc.

I did not know that. However, reading his quotes and letters to John Adams I find he was not sure about Jesus. I don't think he believed that Jesus was born by immaculate conception. However, I think he was afraid his desciples misinterpreted jesus so he only used the text that he thought was directly from Jesus himself. :hmmph

Religion is what dumb people, who don't understand science, cling to.

Wow, tolerant aren't we. I can see why your wife left you!! :thumbs

He's right to a certain degree. I mean come on a guy parting the red sea, a man with superhuman strength that loses it when his hair is cut, people worshipping a zombie, etc. If these stories weren't in a religious document nobody would believe them.

And hundreds of years ago people were nuts believeing that invisible things could make you sick. They were thought of in similar ways, we now know that microorganisms can in fact make you sick. Maybe you are the ones who are in the dark about such things. Same principle because you can't see it or figure it out it must not exist!! eyeswear2allthatsholy

And hundreds of years ago people were nuts believeing that invisible things could make you sick. They were thought of in similar ways, we now know that microorganisms can in fact make you sick. Maybe you are the ones who are in the dark about such things. Same principle because you can't see it or figure it out it must not exist!! eyeswear2allthatsholy

microorganisms aren't invisible.