where are the critics now

I admitted I was wrong when they beat CU, but it IS only one game and by far the best game that this team has put together in 2 years. Maybe I'll jump on the bandwagon if this means that the stupid mistakes that we've seen most of the past 2 years are done, but consistency is hard to maintain and under this coaching staff, the team hasn't shown an inkling of being able to play consistent, quality football.

Finally, the way that this team won on offense isn't something that leads to consistency either. We averaged about 2.5 yards a carry on the ground - thankfully they stuck with the run enough to keep CU's defense honest, but running like that means the QB HAS to come up with a great game every time. Taylor played great, but expecting (counting on) him to throw for 392 yards a game isn't a recipe for consistent success.

:yeah

I guess if someone wants to consider 10 bad games instead of 11 an improvement, well then who am I to stop you :wacko:

To use another persons quote "It was just one game, just one season....."

Side note: congrats to billy c for getting back to .500 against 1A opponents :wtf

I have this visualization of two guys on a mini-bike.   :lol:

John Denver's full of sh#t!!!!!! :blink:

:lol: Sorry, not calling those two "Harry & Lloyd" necessarily, just couldnt resist after hearing the riding to Colorado on a minibike reference. And the fact that they end up in Nebraska instead of 'rado is just all the more poetic irony, considering the current situation. :smokin

:yeah x10! :rollin:rollin:rollin

well formerfan,

now that you are back with us tell us, Do you still think that this team has not shown any improvement and Calli does not deserve more time to implement his system?

GBR-------Restore the Order

Shown improvement from last year? Some games yes, some games worse then last. We aren't improved at all from our 10 win season with solich/pelini/cotton, we are worse.

Maybe I'll jump on the bandwagon if this means that the stupid mistakes that we've seen most of the past 2 years are done,

Being a long time Husker fan who grew up not living in nebraska. THIS is exactly what I see and loathe in husker "fans". If you are a fan be a fan in the good times and the bad. You do NOT have to agree with everything the HC or AD does, but you b*tching accomplishing absolutely nothing, well nothing positive> to quote Jim Rose (A first for me) "this doesnt mean you can't be skeptical, just not cynical" .

For those who don't think being constanly negative on chat boards, I grew up in NW Arkansas, I still keep in touch with a few of my old buds there. I spoke to one a few months ago, he told me of an incredible wide out who was being recruited by NU, this kids comment was that the fans of NU seem to be way to fickle for him.

I am still not convinced billy c is the right guy for the job.  Face the facts, when your biggest win in two years is against a unranked colorado team that is 7-4 you can understand why is am still not sold yet.  Start beating some ranked opponents to earn my respect.

if NU fires the coaches it would take about 10 years to recover - SUPPORT THIS TEAM All these fans whining sound like those bitches on the colorado message board - It's gonna happen - Fans like you are the reason I don't even go to the watch sites in california - as soon as something goes wrong they ALL START POUTING - makes me wanna slap the sh#t out of them. SUPPORT THIS TEAM AND STAFF!!!!!!!!!!

edited by DaveH for ridiculous name calling. Read what rawhide wrote.Also, read the board rules

settle down a little will ya. I am just not sold yet that callahan and staff will get us back to prominece, I am willing to give a chance but, there are some definite question marks that have occured this year, such as the running game and pitiful performances against kansas and missouri, just do not expect me to do a 180 and tottaly support billy c after one nice win.

Being a long time Husker fan who grew up not living in nebraska. THIS is exactly what I see and loathe in husker "fans". If you are a fan be a fan in the good times and the bad. You do NOT have to agree with everything the HC or AD does, but you b*tching accomplishing absolutely nothing, well nothing positive> to quote Jim Rose (A first for me) "this doesnt mean you can't be skeptical, just not cynical" .

Excellent point. I could care less whether or not people think Callahan is going to take Nebraska back to the top of the heap, I just am completely sick of hearing the "well, NU won because the other team sucked worse" or "great, now he is above .500 for his career, way to go" or any other backhanded compliments and sarcasm. It's called patience and tolerance, some people need to learn these virtues. I don't think people hate George W. Bush as much as some people here hate Bill Callahan, and Callahan is just directing a team, not our country. The older fans are the worst in my opinion, raised their entire lives with Nebraska being great and now they don't know what to do that Nebraska has been knocked back to the back for the time being. I heard of a couple in their late 40's that said after the Kansas game that they would no longer cheer for Nebraska. That is just plain childish and stupid. Like hawg just said, you are either a fan or not a fan. The fight song doesn't contain this line(but maybe it should)

"We'll all stick together, in 9 wins or better"

Maybe I'll jump on the bandwagon if this means that the stupid mistakes that we've seen most of the past 2 years are done,

For those who don't think being constanly negative on chat boards, I grew up in NW Arkansas, I still keep in touch with a few of my old buds there. I spoke to one a few months ago, he told me of an incredible wide out who was being recruited by NU, this kids comment was that the fans of NU seem to be way to fickle for him.

I have a hard time believing we are nebraska anymore.

Being a long time Husker fan who grew up not living in nebraska.  THIS is exactly what  I  see and loathe in husker "fans".  If you are a fan be a fan in the good times and the bad. You do NOT have to agree with everything the HC or AD does, but you b*tching accomplishing absolutely nothing, well nothing positive> to quote Jim Rose (A first for me) "this doesnt mean you can't be skeptical, just not cynical" .

Excellent point. I could care less whether or not people think Callahan is going to take Nebraska back to the top of the heap, I just am completely sick of hearing the "well, NU won because the other team sucked worse" or "great, now he is above .500 for his career, way to go" or any other backhanded compliments and sarcasm. It's called patience and tolerance, some people need to learn these virtues. I don't think people hate George W. Bush as much as some people here hate Bill Callahan, and Callahan is just directing a team, not our country. The older fans are the worst in my opinion, raised their entire lives with Nebraska being great and now they don't know what to do that Nebraska has been knocked back to the back for the time being. I heard of a couple in their late 40's that said after the Kansas game that they would no longer cheer for Nebraska. That is just plain childish and stupid. Like hawg just said, you are either a fan or not a fan. The fight song doesn't contain this line(but maybe it should)

"We'll all stick together, in 9 wins or better"

actually no he's still 500 against division 1 teams.

Perebilt:

Pretend you're the OC and you need to get the running game better, what do you specifically do? I'm talking scheme, personnel and play calling. You have at your disposal 2 frosh tackles (true and redshirt), an injured starting guard and one decent blocking TE. Please outline your approach. If you can't, query a couple of coaches and then post here.

I am still not convinced billy c is the right guy for the job. Face the facts, when your biggest win in two years is against a unranked colorado team that is 7-4 you can understand why is am still not sold yet. Start beating some ranked opponents to earn my respect.

Don't forget the other facts:

Option to WCO transition

2nd year coach

=

Look, what you said in your post is perfectly fine. I don't think this CU victory will be a legend. And it shouldn't be; there are bigger fish to fry. But it's a building block, and right now, since it is the newest one on the Husker statue, it's the most important.

.......... But I do not see a direct link to BC on this one. Do you really think it would be any different with the ND coach? Or even Pete from USC?

I don't.

I have a hard time believing we are nebraska anymore.

If Nebraska stayed the same, it would still be covered in ice.

Things change over time........

Change isn't always a bad thing. It might be painful, but it's going to happen. I don't believe that's a fair statement, Bernard.

It's not *your* Nebraska anymore, the one you, personally remember. I'm sorry for your loss, but.... It's still Nebraska. It won't ever "change" in my eyes.

(Note: I know there was something before the iceages, when the icecaps came down and such.... but off the top of my head I don't know a scientific term that would convey the message I'm trying to convey in this post.)