where are the critics now

Side note: congrats to billy c for getting back to .500 against 1A opponents :wtf

:rollin

Do you want him to stay below .500?

I know you love this team a lot, FF. My reaction isn't "WTF", though. But that's just me.

The :wtf reaction is because this team should be well above .500 against 1A opponents, with as weak as the schedule has been the last couple of years.

Side note: congrats to billy c for getting back to .500 against 1A opponents :wtf

:rollin

Do you want him to stay below .500?

I know you love this team a lot, FF. My reaction isn't "WTF", though. But that's just me.

The :wtf reaction is because this team should be well above .500 against 1A opponents, with as weak as the schedule has been the last couple of years.

no kidding!!!!!! After the bowl game most likely he'll be one game under and next years not looking good for his record one bit.

Being a long time Husker fan who grew up not living in nebraska.  THIS is exactly what  I  see and loathe in husker "fans".  If you are a fan be a fan in the good times and the bad. You do NOT have to agree with everything the HC or AD does, but you b*tching accomplishing absolutely nothing, well nothing positive> to quote Jim Rose (A first for me) "this doesnt mean you can't be skeptical, just not cynical" .

For those who don't think being constanly negative on chat boards, I grew up in NW Arkansas,  I still keep in touch with a few of my old buds there. I spoke to one a few months ago, he told me of an incredible wide out who was being recruited by NU,  this kids comment was that the fans of NU seem to be way to fickle for him.

So are you saying that unless you are a sunshine pumper, keep your opinion to yourself?? Are you saying that public forums are only for "positive thoughts??"

Being a long time Husker fan who grew up not living in nebraska.  THIS is exactly what  I  see and loathe in husker "fans".  If you are a fan be a fan in the good times and the bad. You do NOT have to agree with everything the HC or AD does, but you b*tching accomplishing absolutely nothing, well nothing positive> to quote Jim Rose (A first for me) "this doesnt mean you can't be skeptical, just not cynical" .

For those who don't think being constanly negative on chat boards, I grew up in NW Arkansas,  I still keep in touch with a few of my old buds there. I spoke to one a few months ago, he told me of an incredible wide out who was being recruited by NU,  this kids comment was that the fans of NU seem to be way to fickle for him.

So are you saying that unless you are a sunshine pumper, keep your opinion to yourself?? Are you saying that public forums are only for "positive thoughts??"

Not really. Not getting caught up in all the BS and talking football would be a great start. You know football right? It involves an oblong ball and 22 guys. The offense can either run or pass the ball. The defense tries to stop them from scoring. I know you have had to watch a game before. ;)

We don't need every thread to end up talking about coaching, Frank Solich, Steve Pederson and whatever the hell else we have been recycling for the past 2 years. NU had a great game against sCUm and all people want to talk about is the same trash. That's what I think that poster was getting too. I'm sorry, but I have to agree. It's old hat.

Not really. Not getting caught up in all the BS and talking football would be a great start. You know football right? It involves an oblong ball and 22 guys. The offense can either run or pass the ball. The defense tries to stop them from scoring. I know you have had to watch a game before. ;)

We don't need every thread to end up talking about coaching, Frank Solich, Steve Pederson and whatever the hell else we have been recycling for the past 2 years. NU had a great game against sCUm and all people want to talk about is the same trash. That's what I think that poster was getting too. I'm sorry, but I have to agree. It's old hat.

It's because when we win they fall back to the Ole Pederson, Solich, Option crap! Because they don't have anything valid to bitch about!

Well, here's my take on all three.

Pederson is the AD of a University that had a baseball team make it to the finals of the CWS and women's volleyball team that is 29-1 and a #1 seed. (Basketball, I am clueless. I dont follow it.) And as the "darkhorse", I will throw a restructured football team "on the rise" in the mix also.

Bill Callahan proved during the CU game that the option is not dead at NU.

Solich is drunk behind the wheel.

Next topic...

wow

when i started this post i dint think that it would stretch out to 2 pages of such differing opinions.

i am glad that everyone has taken the time to put their input out there for others to agree with or to disagree with.

that is what makes this team, this state, and this country great.

those of you who continue to complain about the state of the husker nation by all means continue to voice your complaints we all need to get our blood pressure up from time to time.

but i hope that all of us no matter how we feel about the coaching staff et al that we all continue to support the team and those playing for the team. i hope that none of you actually hope that the team loses just so the coaching staff and/or the athletic director gets fired.

always remember that win we get cut we bleed HUSKER RED

GBR ------ RESTORE THE ORDER

I hope that none of you actually hope that the team loses just so the coaching staff and/or the athletic director gets fired.

The team would not allow that to happen. I mean really, look at their spirit before, during and after the game.

The question now should be; what happened to the buffalo head in the team meeting room? :blink:

Not that it's missing, I just wonder if they are going to keep it up there?

I have, like I said, it was the best game NU has played in 2 years. Period.

I just wonder how I keep getting thrown into the old Solich/option argument. Like I have explained numerous times, and you should know, Im not all that pissed that either is gone, I just wish that pud would have hired a better coach than the one he fired, and that he would hold the new coach to the same standards.

It's because when we win they fall back to the Ole Pederson, Solich, Option crap!  Because they don't have anything valid to bitch about!

Helpful advice, BSGuru, if you dont know what you are talking about, its better not to talk at all :thumbs

Im not all that pissed that either is gone, I just wish that pud would have hired a better coach than the one he fired, and that he would hold the new coach to the same standards.

We realize that... We have to read the same thing from you EVERY DAY!!!

Why do you have to come into every thread and bitch about the same thing???

Im not all that pissed that either is gone, I just wish that pud would have hired a better coach than the one he fired, and that he would hold the new coach to the same standards.

kinda calling for these kinda coments when he started this topic. "Where are the critics now?"

You are free not to read it, genius :thumbs

kinda calling for these kinda coments when he started this topic. "Where are the critics now?"

:yeah

Perebilt:

Pretend you're the OC and you need to get the running game better, what do you specifically do? I'm talking scheme, personnel and play calling. You have at your disposal 2 frosh tackles (true and redshirt), an injured starting guard and one decent blocking TE. Please outline your approach. If you can't, query a couple of coaches and then post here.

here is the problem. I cannot state anything without someone making excuses for why nebraska imo is lacking in certain areas. It is always the 2nd year, or the, he does not have his players, excuse from everyone. Wow i'm sure notre dame fans do not say the same thing with a 1ST year coach. the problem I have had with billy c since day one is that he did not, and still may not realize that you run your team with what your personnel is, and not with what you want to implement. a good example is last year when we had a dual threat quarterback and a good running game and he still wanted to throw the ball out of the pocket 40 times a game. That is the difference from the pros to college, you do not have the luxury of free agents so you have to work with what you have. You can't bank on always having the players for your system, the same thing happened to solich, when we lost the good o-linemen and rb's to other schools all of a sudden the option was all of a sudden easy to stop. That is just the nature of college football today you cannot work with a set offensive system anymore.

Perebilt:

Pretend you're the OC and you need to get the running game better, what do you specifically do?  I'm talking scheme, personnel and play calling.  You have at your disposal 2 frosh tackles (true and redshirt), an injured starting guard and one decent blocking TE.  Please outline your approach.  If you can't, query a couple of coaches and then post here.

here is the problem. I cannot state anything without someone making excuses for why nebraska imo is lacking in certain areas. It is always the 2nd year, or the, he does not have his players, excuse from everyone. Wow i'm sure notre dame fans do not say the same thing with a 1ST year coach. the problem I have had with billy c since day one is that he did not, and still may not realize that you run your team with what your personnel is, and not with what you want to implement. a good example is last year when we had a dual threat quarterback and a good running game and he still wanted to throw the ball out of the pocket 40 times a game. That is the difference from the pros to college, you do not have the luxury of free agents so you have to work with what you have. You can't bank on always having the players for your system, the same thing happened to solich, when we lost the good o-linemen and rb's to other schools all of a sudden the option was all of a sudden easy to stop. That is just the nature of college football today you cannot work with a set offensive system anymore.

yes, you can count on the players ... it's called recruiting ... it takes time and hard work and salesmanship ... that's why FS failed ... that's why BC will succeed ...

CFB is easier, at a school like nebraska, to consistently excel than pro football ... while there is much more parity lately, it pales in comparison to the NFL which is steeped in it .... is designed for it ... CFB has built in advantages for teams to stay on top ...

you can't force the best players to go to the worst teams to even it up ... and the best players want to play for the best teams ... it's a good ol' boy society ...

formerfan,

free not to read your rantings .... considering you annoy so many, why not take one for the team and just quit ranting? or is this the only attention you get? ok, then i guess we can listen to you since no one else will ...