where are the critics now

Im not all that pissed that either is gone, I just wish that pud would have hired a better coach than the one he fired, and that he would hold the new coach to the same standards.

We realize that... We have to read the same thing from you EVERY DAY!!!

Why do you have to come into every thread and bitch about the same thing???

ff,

pretty bad when you get your ass chewed out by silent bob .... maybe you should take notice :o

Im not all that pissed that either is gone, I just wish that pud would have hired a better coach than the one he fired, and that he would hold the new coach to the same standards.

in FF's world, this team will never be a winner. not with the WCO, not with Billy C. and not with Coz. nebraska is at best a mediocre and hope for close games against such powerhouse programs such as Baylor and Kansas.

people who support the the program in its current form is are slow-witted dullards. he knows it's not your fault you're a mouth-breathing moron, so he patiently and slow explains why this program sucks. any progress made is merely an illusion and it breaks his heart to see nebraskans gathered around the golden calf heresy that is Husker football in its present incarnation.

he's objective (he's said so in previous posts). he's talked to other people and they agree with him, so he can't be wrong. so what's the problem?

it's us. it's you. and it's me. we're what's wrong with nebraska football. but FF doesn't blame us for that. we're just too simple to understand what is *really* going on. all of us have rose-colored glasses and cheerfully chuggin' the koolaid that pud is serving us.

so formerfan is really fighting for the soul of nebraska football. he's trying to show you the the true path of the husker and will continue to post his views until you and everyone else finally sees the truth: OPTION OPTION OPTION.

the OPTION is the answer to all possible questions. and when in doubt, RUN THE OPTION. and just to be safe, we'll teach the Blackshirts how to run he option,too. yah, they're the D, but you can never be too careful. what's for breakfast..? oh, yeah... eggs, bacon, a glass of OJ and THE OPTION. got a burning rash? put a little OPTION on it and quit rubbing it. lovelife not going any where? play the OPTION and you'll get more action that than a 19 year-old co-ed cheerleader with her pom-poms in a state pen's general population.

get rid of Billy C. and find a coach like Tom Osborne. or clone him. and if that doesn't work, remove Tom Osborne's brain and place it in a 20ft killer cyborg battlebot and set him to 'dynasty' mode.

formerfan will continue to post untill you realize how wrong you are and you finally PM him with an appology.

or he's just a trolling you.

whatever.

it's a free country.

Perebilt:

Pretend you're the OC and you need to get the running game better, what do you specifically do?  I'm talking scheme, personnel and play calling.  You have at your disposal 2 frosh tackles (true and redshirt), an injured starting guard and one decent blocking TE.  Please outline your approach.  If you can't, query a couple of coaches and then post here.

here is the problem. I cannot state anything without someone making excuses for why nebraska imo is lacking in certain areas. It is always the 2nd year, or the, he does not have his players, excuse from everyone. Wow i'm sure notre dame fans do not say the same thing with a 1ST year coach. the problem I have had with billy c since day one is that he did not, and still may not realize that you run your team with what your personnel is, and not with what you want to implement. a good example is last year when we had a dual threat quarterback and a good running game and he still wanted to throw the ball out of the pocket 40 times a game. That is the difference from the pros to college, you do not have the luxury of free agents so you have to work with what you have. You can't bank on always having the players for your system, the same thing happened to solich, when we lost the good o-linemen and rb's to other schools all of a sudden the option was all of a sudden easy to stop. That is just the nature of college football today you cannot work with a set offensive system anymore.

yes, you can count on the players ... it's called recruiting ... it takes time and hard work and salesmanship ... that's why FS failed ... that's why BC will succeed ...

CFB is easier, at a school like nebraska, to consistently excel than pro football ... while there is much more parity lately, it pales in comparison to the NFL which is steeped in it .... is designed for it ... CFB has built in advantages for teams to stay on top ...

you can't force the best players to go to the worst teams to even it up ... and the best players want to play for the best teams ... it's a good ol' boy society ...

formerfan,

free not to read your rantings .... considering you annoy so many, why not take one for the team and just quit ranting? or is this the only attention you get? ok, then i guess we can listen to you since no one else will ...

sorry you are wrong, you can not count on recruiting to implement a system anymore. just ask tennessee fans who have no good qb but wanted to throw the ball 30 times a game. Oklahoma a few years ago with white and heupel was predomintatly a passing team, but now with a new qb and Adrian petersen, now or more of a running team. Like I said you cannot implement a specific offensive sytmem in division one anymore, there is to much parity you have to go with what works, callahan at time(especially last year) tends to be unwilling to do so.

You are free not to read it, genius :thumbs

Its hard not to read your crap when you come into every thread and turn it into a coach bashing. Then people try to defend the team and coaches. Every thread ends up the same.

We already know how you feel, you are like a broken record

i personally do not have a problem with anyone coming in here and talking about problems that they see with the team, coaching staff, AD ect. but what i would like to see is if you see a problem dont bitch about it have an idea that might solve the problem.

example: if you think Callahan is not the right coach dont say fire him give an idea of why and who would be the best replacement

then we as a group can discuss your ideas also

GBR

i personally do not have a problem with anyone coming in here and talking about problems that they see with the team, coaching staff, AD ect. but what i would like to see is if you see a problem dont bitch about it have an idea that might solve the problem.

example: if you think Callahan is not the right coach dont say fire him give an idea of why and who would be the best replacement

then we as a group can discuss your ideas also

GBR

But that sounds so reasonable. :lol:

in FF's world, this team will never be a winner. not with the WCO, not with Billy C. and not with Coz. nebraska is at best a mediocre and hope for close games against such powerhouse programs such as Baylor and Kansas.

people who support the the program in its current form is are slow-witted dullards. he knows it's not your fault you're a mouth-breathing moron, so he patiently and slow explains why this program sucks. any progress made is merely an illusion and it breaks his heart to see nebraskans gathered around the golden calf heresy that is Husker football in its present incarnation.

he's objective (he's said so in previous posts). he's talked to other people and they agree with him, so he can't be wrong. so what's the problem?

it's us. it's you. and it's me. we're what's wrong with nebraska football. but FF doesn't blame us for that. we're just too simple to understand what is *really* going on. all of us have rose-colored glasses and cheerfully chuggin' the koolaid that pud is serving us.

so formerfan is really fighting for the soul of nebraska football. he's trying to show you the the true path of the husker and will continue to post his views until you and everyone else finally sees the truth: OPTION OPTION OPTION.

the OPTION is the answer to all possible questions. and when in doubt, RUN THE OPTION. and just to be safe, we'll teach the Blackshirts how to run he option,too. yah, they're the D, but you can never be too careful. what's for breakfast..? oh, yeah... eggs, bacon, a glass of OJ and THE OPTION. got a burning rash? put a little OPTION on it and quit rubbing it. lovelife not going any where? play the OPTION and you'll get more action that than a 19 year-old co-ed cheerleader with her pom-poms in a state pen's general population.

get rid of Billy C. and find a coach like Tom Osborne. or clone him. and if that doesn't work, remove Tom Osborne's brain and place it in a 20ft killer cyborg battlebot and set him to 'dynasty' mode.

formerfan will continue to post untill you realize how wrong you are and you finally PM him with an appology.

whatever.

it's a free country.

Pretty funny post, my friend, except......like I have said before, I dont really care that the option is gone, and I dont consider the rest of the board members as "slow-witted dullards" or "mouth-breathing morons." :wtf

But, lets not let the truth get in the way of a good story, and you, Hack are one of the best story tellers there is :thumbs

The record may say improvement, but the season does not. I am thrilled that we beat the Buffs, however I am disappointed about one thing. Where was that performance all year. I have asked for a statement game all year...and on the final game of the year they finally make a statement. If that type of performance was around all year...we beat Tech, Oklahoma, KU and Missouri. I believe that would be 11 wins. We have to look at the entire season. This team beat themselves too many times, and the defense even admitted they did not show up for the KU game. This team may be going to a bigger tier bowl, and have a couple more wins, but untill we play every down of every game the entire season we will continue to see 4-6 losses a year...that is NOT improvement. Congrats on beating the Buffs...that was awesome. :thumbs

If that type of performance was around all year...we beat Tech, Oklahoma, KU and Missouri. I believe that would be 11 wins. We have to look at the entire season. This team beat themselves too many times, and the defense even admitted they did not show up for the KU game.

I agree if we had played the entire season as we did against CU we would have 11 wins, but that would also make us UNDEFEATED. Did anyone really think we'd be undefeated at the start of the season? Is going undefeated the only mark of a good team, or improvement from one year to the next? If that's the case then all but two coaches in the nation should be on the hot seat right now, and by the end of the year then either Carrol or Brown should be worried about his job too.

If we're going to look at the entire season, then lets do it. We struggled offensively early, but the passing game especially came alive in the 2nd half of the season. The two Big XII north teams we lost to we could have and possibly should have won, but instead of imploding and throwing in the towel or making excuses such as coaching, youth, lack of O-line production or injuries the fellas hung together and finished the year very strongly. We also beat what record-wise were the two strongest teams in the North.

Those are things we didn't see at all last year. Last year's defense didn't show up for the 2nd half of the season with the exception of the MU game, the passing game regressed and players quit on each other. Looking at individual games and individual performances is not looking at the season as a whole. Sure there are areas the team struggled in such as the run game and getting off the field on 3rd and long, but almost every team struggles in some areas, which is why only two teams are now left with perfect records. I really fail to see how anyone cannot see improvement from last year to this year.

I have asked for a statement game all year...and on the final game of the year they finally make a statement.

I agree with Huskerstag's post 100%.

These constant posts about NU's inconsistancies, the coaching, this, that, and the other thing really can get boring quick.

God, if I want to hear constant nagging I'll take the sock out of my wife's mouth! (she not really a nag, but I wanted something to compare to.) :lol::woo

NU made a statement against Texas Tech IMO. I think that loss took a little wind out of their sails. Had we won that game perhaps the team would have been on the same kind of high they are now following the complete domination of CU.

And quite honeslty, giving the whole season to get the groove of the WCO and the team becoming more cohesive, I'd rather they did win the last regular season game in the fashion they did.

I have no doubt they will carry this momentum to the bowl game and into next year.

I honestly don't see this team (meaning the players in particular) letting themselves mirror this year's performance. I feel they want and will do better.

Just thinking about it puts my mind in "pep-rally" mode!

Man I love this team! :thumbs

whatever.

it's a free country.

Pretty funny post, my friend, except......like I have said before, I dont really care that the option is gone, and I dont consider the rest of the board members as "slow-witted dullards" or "mouth-breathing morons." :wtf

But, lets not let the truth get in the way of a good story, and you, Hack are one of the best story tellers there is :thumbs

meh.

If that type of performance was around all year...we beat Tech, Oklahoma, KU and Missouri. I believe that would be 11 wins. We have to look at the entire season. This team beat themselves too many times, and the defense even admitted they did not show up for the KU game.

I agree if we had played the entire season as we did against CU we would have 11 wins, but that would also make us UNDEFEATED. Did anyone really think we'd be undefeated at the start of the season? Is going undefeated the only mark of a good team, or improvement from one year to the next? If that's the case then all but two coaches in the nation should be on the hot seat right now, and by the end of the year then either Carrol or Brown should be worried about his job too.

If we're going to look at the entire season, then lets do it. We struggled offensively early, but the passing game especially came alive in the 2nd half of the season. The two Big XII north teams we lost to we could have and possibly should have won, but instead of imploding and throwing in the towel or making excuses such as coaching, youth, lack of O-line production or injuries the fellas hung together and finished the year very strongly. We also beat what record-wise were the two strongest teams in the North.

Those are things we didn't see at all last year. Last year's defense didn't show up for the 2nd half of the season with the exception of the MU game, the passing game regressed and players quit on each other. Looking at individual games and individual performances is not looking at the season as a whole. Sure there are areas the team struggled in such as the run game and getting off the field on 3rd and long, but almost every team struggles in some areas, which is why only two teams are now left with perfect records. I really fail to see how anyone cannot see improvement from last year to this year.

Right there with ya stag and Huskrz65. I don't expect an undefeated season next year, but I expect the team to make further strides forward due to the maturation of the team, considering 29 freshman and sophomores play significant amounts of time. There was improvement in record and several aspects of play this season. We'll see at the end of next season where the team is going.

From rojo on another thread:

Another Husker website asked the question:

“Was the Buff win the turning point for NU/Callahan?”

Over 2,000 of our Husker brothers and sisters have responded:

--Yes: 90%

--No: 9 %

That's a 10-to-1 ratio.

We all liked…

1) Coming in as 17-point underdogs, and winning by 27.

2) Klatt’s worst day of the year: 50% completions.

3) CU never getting close to our endzone.

4) Doubles:

--Total Offense: CU—200, NU—500

--First Downs: CU—13, NU—28

--Pass Efficiency Rating: Klatt—78, Taylor—155.

--Punts: NU--5, CU--9.

--Penalty yards: NU--51, CU--105.

Etc....

It was truly a fine win. Was it a “turning point”?

If we have time, we’ll try to watch the bowl game…. That will give us another clue…

By the way, FWIW… I voted “Yes.”

Just some things to think about…

PS For some it will never be good enough, for others, they like the trend! (Roy)