where are the critics now

I am still not convinced billy c is the right guy for the job.  Face the facts, when your biggest win in two years is against a unranked colorado team that is 7-4 you can understand why is am still not sold yet.  Start beating some ranked opponents to earn my respect.

if NU fires the coaches it would take about 10 years to recover - SUPPORT THIS TEAM All these fans whining sound like those bitches on the colorado message board - It's gonna happen - Fans like you are the reason I don't even go to the watch sites in california - as soon as something goes wrong they ALL START POUTING - makes me wanna slap the sh#t out of them. SUPPORT THIS TEAM AND STAFF!!!!!!!!!!

edited by DaveH for ridiculous name calling. Read what rawhide wrote.Also, read the board rules

Emotions are running a little high right now. Chad you have to remember the keystone of this board. Attack the post not the poster. Doesn't matter if it irks you to puke everyone has a right to say what they feel. If you have to bad mouth someone sign up on another board. This board does not allow that behavior. Don't know if you have had warnings before but consider this the first from me.

By the way, GBR RESTORE THE ORDER

I am still not convinced billy c is the right guy for the job.  Face the facts, when your biggest win in two years is against a unranked colorado team that is 7-4 you can understand why is am still not sold yet.  Start beating some ranked opponents to earn my respect.

- if NU fires the coaches it would take about 10 years to recover - SUPPORT THIS TEAM All these fans whining sound like those bitches on the colorado message board - It's gonna happen - Fans like you are the reason I don't even go to the watch sites in california - as soon as something goes wrong they ALL START POUTING - makes me wanna slap the sh#t out of them. SUPPORT THIS TEAM AND STAFF!!!!!!!!!!

Nicely argued, not sure if he will be able to debate your points without a "Construction Worker English for Dummies" book.

I was as impressed with the win as anyone, NU completely dominated CU and it couldn't have happened to a nicer team. However it was the first solid win (TT was a solid game except for that last TT drive) and I would perfer some assurance that it wasn't an annomoly, which I don't think it was. They seemed to pick up where they left off after the TT game and I was damn happy to see it.

I do not play blind follow the leader like you seem to expect "fans" to, its a leap of faith to believe in something without proof.

edited quote by rawhide

As i remember, way back in the early fall before the season started several people set out some benchmarks of what they'd like to see from this year's team. Most said they wanted to see progress, sort of an unquantifiable term, but most said progress would be a solid bowl game and a 8-3 or 7-4 record. It now appears that the team has reached those expectations.

We're currently 7-4 and, while probably not looking at a new year's day bowl, are still looking at something respectable. IMO the defense for the most part has played much better than last year. The pass rush is now statistically in the top five in husker history, and believe it or not, that's not just because of the front four or seven, but you've got to credit the relatively young and inexperienced secondary too. The linebacking corps lost two starters, one a bona fide playmaker and the other at the very least a stud athlete.

The running game struggled the second half of the season, but we also played much better run defenses in that stretch. The upperclassmen on the O-line were injured for most the the second half of the season and we played several freshman and sophomores in their place.

The receiving corps has shown marked improvement and did so without Mr. Herian and two questionable replacements in his stead. We've got a freshman receiver who trails only the great Johnny Rodgers for catches and yardage in a season, and no Rodgers didn't play in strictly a running system.

Most importantly though, the staff got the team to play for them and for each other. There could have been another monumental collapse as we saw last season and no one would have blamed the team for it, but instead the boys kept their heads up, took ownership of their mistakes and played their hearts out for each other and for their coaches.

From my perspective all these things point to progress. I'm not just dwelling on the positives of the season as there have been several disappointments as well and we're all well aware of the letdown at Kansas, the horrible first half against Oklahoma etc. However, just as the great teams of the past were epitomized by the likes of Frazier, Wistrom, Connealy and Mike Brown, I feel this year's team is no different and we can look to the play and leadership of Taylor, Ross, Carriker, Moore, and McKeon and say they all stood in there, took their shots and refused to flinch.

I haven't been around the board for several weeks because i couldn't stand to see the extreme reactions from so many people after every game. IMHO the only true way to judge a team and staff is by their season taken as a whole. Judging the team and staff on a game by game basis is somewhat silly in my book as all but the very best teams will go through tough games each season and so far this year all but two have lost.

Its true that at the beginning of the season i was counting on KU as a win and after the 5-1 start i expected MU to be a win as well. But again, I'm unwilling to judge any team or staff based on a handful of games or even worse, a handful of plays. As far as I'm concerned the entire coaching staff has done quite well this season and deserves our support and respect. Anyone who says otherwise is being shortsighted in my opinion, or maybe buying into so much of the media hype that IMO has tried to stir the pot so to speak.

As far as I know most of the folks on this board aren't insiders with the program and most have not played major college football, so if you don't feel like listening to me b/c i'm just another average joe like y'all then look at some other threads and see what former coaches and players have to say. I haven't heard or read anything but positive comments and high praise for the the coaches and players. If anyone knows what's really going on its those guys and not a bunch of outsiders. For me that's enough to throw wholehearted support behind the entire coaching staff and every single player.

I'm proud to be a husker fan and can't wait til the bowl game. Go Big Red.

Truthfully, I have had my ups and downs with this coaching staff. Many have, and IMO, and justfully so. In no way do I feel that NU should fire anybody at this point, but I also feel that one solid win does not, and should not, take BC out of the hotseat. He and his staff have made just as many good things happen as they have had real problems. With the talent they have coming in, the experience of the players they already have, and the time that they have had next 2 years IMO will be the real tell-all of this coaching staff. Hopefully they prove successful.

I have to tell you, I loved the win this last Friday. I have not felt like that in a long time. NU....mistake free football, wow does that feel good to say in the same sentence. Hopefully, we go into the bowl game and next year with the same motivation and drive as in the CU game. That was fun.

Again, IMO there are BC supporters and BC skeptics. BC and SP have created them. Both, if you step back and honestly look at the last 2 years, are truly justifiable. If one does not like the coach or the staff, it does not mean they do not support the team, it simply means that ITO NU would be better off going in another direction. They maybe right, or they maybe wrong; either way it makes for great conversation.

redman,

excatly.

everyone has the right to their own opinion. nobody knows right now if BC is the right man for the job and nobody knows if he isnt. only time will tell that. so in my opinion BC (and his staff) needs more time to prove that he is or isnt the right person for the job.

GBR-----RESTORE THE ORDER.......next year......ORDER RESTORED

DaveH,

who does the play by play on these DVD's?  is it the same people who announce the games on the radio, or if the game is televised?  or do they have thier own announcers?

thanks for the link

I'll have to defer to Blackshirt for that one. Send him a PM or an email and he will be more than happy to help you out.

Rob,

The audio for the DVDs is the full Husker radio broadcast.

Thanks for sharing the link Dave.

I haven't been around the board for several weeks because i couldn't stand to see the extreme reactions from so many people after every game. IMHO the only true way to judge a team and staff is by their season taken as a whole. Judging the team and staff on a game by game basis is somewhat silly in my book as all but the very best teams will go through tough games each season and so far this year all but two have lost.

:yeah

its improvement and thats all i was hoping for, as far as the critics, i think everyone is still here on both sides, but the critics have gotten tired of being labeled as "bad fans" when they talk about a loss and have a win rubbed in their face even if i was a minor one. ill still admit that BC is suspect IMO. they had a great game yes, but they have lacked consistancy through the year. BC has just set a new level for him next year for me, he has a winning record now, but next year IMO they will have to be more competitive in the big 12 thats what ill be watching for next year. my opinion on BC hasnt changed because of one game, IMO he has the rest of his contract to prove that he belongs here, and one game where they beat a CU team that looked pretty junk IMO doesnt have me sold.

I have this visualization of two guys on a mini-bike.  :lol:

John Denver's full of sh#t!!!!!! :blink:

:lol: Sorry, not calling those two "Harry & Lloyd" necessarily, just couldnt resist after hearing the riding to Colorado on a minibike reference. And the fact that they end up in Nebraska instead of 'rado is just all the more poetic irony, considering the current situation. :smokin

I must ask...where have Former and Benard been all weekend?

Hardly a peep. Perhaps they are on their way to Boulder to start an "anti-Barnett" campaign.  :dumdum

If you havent noticed, it was a holiday weekend, so some of us were caught up in the typical holiday activities, and its getting into the heart of hunting season :wacko:

Besides, Ive been here, Ive put in my .02 like normal. Sorry that you failed to recognize that :dumdum