where are the critics now

Side note: congrats to billy c for getting back to .500 against 1A opponents

Hahah..leave it to formerfan to pick out what games he wants to consider for overall record. If that's the case, why don't we just eliminate Snyder's record against the 14 DIV-AA teams he's played over the years. While we are at it, why don't we just take away all his wins against teams like Northern Illinois, North Texas, New Mexico St, Temple, Utah St, UNLV, Louisiana-Lafayette, Rice, Cincinatti, Akron, Ohio, Louisiana-Monroe, while we are at it, because come on, i mean they are not really DIV-A teams anyways who should be playing at this level right?

Callahan is 12-10 (soon to be 13-10) PERIOD

Hahah..leave it to formerfan to pick out what games he wants to consider for overall record. If that's the case, why don't we just eliminate Snyder's record against the 14 DIV-AA teams he's played over the years. While we are at it, why don't we just take away all his wins against teams like Northern Illinois, North Texas, New Mexico St, Temple, Utah St, UNLV, Louisiana-Lafayette, Rice, Cincinatti, Akron, Ohio, Louisiana-Monroe, while we are at it, because come on, i mean they are not really DIV-A teams anyways who should be playing at this level right?

Last I checked, most of those teams are Div I, Maine and W Illinois arent. Period.

I understand how such a simple concepts confuse you but c'mon, how much plainer must I make it :dumdum .

can you honestly think that any team, college or pro, will play the perfect game week in and week out? if you do then you must be living with your head in the sand.

who was the last team to dominate every game all year long? look at the 95 NC team, yes they won all of the games and scored alot of points against most teams, but there were a couple of times that NU did come out flat and had to struggle but had the talent and experience to get the win. the very next year with a new QB not ready to run the system in place loses to ASU 19-0.

look at USC this year great offensive system in place and have won all of there games but has struggled to win in alot of them. most recently Fresno St. if not for reggie bush putting up 500 yrds of total offense USC loses.

NU this year is a young team and can get their confidence hurt fairly easily, just look at what happened at MU after nunn fumbled deep in MU territory. the defense comes back on the field and and MU drives for a touch down.

what about kansas when Marlon Lucky streaks 103 yards on a KO return for a touch down that gets called back for a penalty and the offense goes 3 and out.

both of those games could have very easily been wins but after each of those plays you could see the confidence leave on boht offense and defense.

lets get more consistant games, and i think that we will, next year. with 29 returning players that either started or had significant playing time coming back, next years team will play more consistantly and with more confidence.

i see NU going 8-4 with a possibility of 10-2, there are a couple of tough games with tough locations to play, but that is why you play the games and not just write them off as losses, (15 point dogs to CU but win by 27)

GBR

formerfan,

what would you think of calli's ability if the 4 non-confrence opponents next year were Akron, Rice, Temple and New Mexico St. and NU starts off the season 4-0? All of them are Div 1 schools.

let me answer for you. if NU struggles to win against any of them you will say "see i have been telling you all along, Calli is not the right man he sucks, he cant even get his team ready to play against lower tier Div 1 schools that dont even belong in Div 1"

now on the other hand if NU thrashes each of them by 30 points you would probably say "wow Calli should get extra bonus points for beating such teams so badly, they dont even belong in Div 1"

am i close, tell us what would you really say?

it is o.k., you can tell us

most of us already know but we still would like to hear it from the source

can you honestly think that any team, college or pro, will play the perfect game week in and week out?  if you do then you must be living with your head in the sand. 

Wow...I must be missing out on what USC has done the last 3 years.... :smokin

According to their record, they have been perfect in a bunch of games in a row.... ;)

I don't know if I would call giving up 40+ to Fresno State a "perfect" game. I guess it depends on what you definition of perfect is. If it is winning, then yea, they're perfect.

formerfan,

what would you think of calli's ability if the 4 non-confrence opponents next year were Akron, Rice, Temple and New Mexico St. and NU starts off the season 4-0? All of them are Div 1 schools.

let me answer for you. if NU struggles to win against any of them you will say "see i have been telling you all along, Calli is not the right man he sucks, he cant even get his team ready to play against lower tier Div 1 schools that dont even belong in Div 1"

now on the other hand if NU thrashes each of them by 30 points you would probably say "wow Calli should get extra bonus points for beating such teams so badly, they dont even belong in Div 1"

I can answer that easily. NU should beat teams like that by 30-40 points. Anything less is unacceptable.

can you honestly think that any team, college or pro, will play the perfect game week in and week out?  if you do then you must be living with your head in the sand. 

According to their record, they have been perfect in a bunch of games in a row.... ;)

I don't know if I would call giving up 40+ to Fresno State a "perfect" game. I guess it depends on what you definition of perfect is. If it is winning, then yea, they're perfect.

Yep, I am...and while NU was the most dominant team of all time in '95, they struggled at times...the KU game is one example. Sure they won big, but they struggled in the first half.

No, no one expects teams to be perfect. But you gotta play well to win. You can't play like crap and win...at least most of the time! ;)

Last I checked, most of those teams are Div I, Maine and W Illinois arent. Period.

I understand how such a simple concepts confuse you but c'mon, how much plainer must I make it :dumdum .

Again, your same policy of taking half a post and breaking it to suit your need. Read my whole post before you make yourself look stupid. In case you missed it, here's a reminder

i mean they are not really DIV-A teams anyways who should be playing at this level right?

Since your slow in understanding i will translate it for you

Translation: DIV-A teams that shouldn't be playing at the DIV-A level but rather DIV-AA level.

Let me know if you need me to walk you through a post again since you have shown you are uncappable of understanding simple posts.

(waits for a smartass response from FF to make him look childish)

Go ahead, i dare ya

Translation: DIV-A teams that shouldn't be playing at the DIV-A level but rather DIV-AA level.

So now YOU :dumdum are the foremost expert on who should and should not be Div 1 teams because you deem them unworthy of playing at a Div 1 level. Heck, you cant even figure out that Auburn hasnt won a NC since the 50's.

Im sure the same could be said about Marshall a few years back, and Boise St, and even Utah, heck maybe Fresno St.

formerfan,

what would you think of calli's ability if the 4 non-confrence opponents next year were Akron, Rice, Temple and New Mexico St. and NU starts off the season 4-0?  All of them are Div 1 schools.

let me answer for you.  if NU struggles to win against any of them you will say "see i have been telling you all along, Calli is not the right man he sucks, he cant even get his team ready to play against lower tier Div 1 schools that dont even belong in Div 1" 

I can answer that easily. NU should beat teams like that by 30-40 points. Anything less is unacceptable.

Tough in this time of college football...2005

It may not be the perfect game, but they put thereselves in position to win at the end of the game, then they actually do win. You don't have to be perfect, but you have to put yourself in advantageous sitations that you will benefit from. USC has by no means played perfect this year or else they wouldn't have had to make a comeback so many times. But one thing is they are still undefeated.