Sign in to follow this  
RedRedJarvisRedwine

New Orleans Pelicans

Count 'Bility    4,780

Good grief. We got Lakers. Knicks. Blazers. Thunder. Heat. Rockets. Nuggets. Pistons. Pacers. Jazz. Clippers. Magic. Suns. And NOW THE FRICKIN PELICANS. Cmon, you couldnt come up with anything cooler than Pelicans? I mean, something like the Bulls, or Raptors, or Grizzlies or somethin.

Good grief. We got Lakers. Knicks. Blazers. Thunder. Heat. Rockets. Nuggets. Pistons. Pacers. Jazz. Clippers. Magic. Suns. And NOW THE FRICKIN PELICANS. Cmon, you couldnt come up with anything cooler than Pelicans? I mean, something like the Bulls, or Raptors, or Grizzlies or somethin.

I actually like the Blazers(personal reasons) and I get names like the Pacers and Heat, but I agree, some of these names are redonk!

Count 'Bility    4,780

Well, to me that's just the theme of the NBA. Outlandish names that no one really knows what they mean. You have some traditional, conventional names, but then we get the "Charlotte Bobcats". I wonder how much they paid a marketing firm to draw that one out of a hat.

I understand the regional significance of Pelicans. But I dont care if the arena is on an island in the gulf. How is anyone supposed to take any professional sports franchise seriously with a name like "Pelicans". I am baffled. Rant over.

NUance    6,937

I guess there are pelicans in New Orleans—down by the river maybe. But they should've gone with something indigenous to the city itself. Something more commonly seen. Like the New Orleans Hookers.

GSG5545    5,174

I guess there are pelicans in New Orleans—down by the river maybe. But they should've gone with something indigenous to the city itself. Something more commonly seen. Like the New Orleans Hookers.

Beads or boobs.

Or both.

New Orleans Flashers

GSG5545    5,174

New Orleans Jazz

Minnesota Lakers

They should just give the old teams back.

Reminds me of this:

husker_99    138

Better than when Washington changed their nickname to the Wizards. Make more sense than what Washington did. They didn't try to sound cool went with something practical.