Arkansas State Week Pressers

Mavric

12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

That surprises you?

No, but it surprises me that it's by such a large amount that they would be willing to burn a redshirt. It sounds like they're not taking a QB this year. That increases the value of a Gebbia RS IMO. Having Gebbia at #3 means to me that there's so little dropoff that they feel they can meet team goals if our first two go down. For me, the only reason you burn that redshirt is if it's A. saving jobs or B. leading to a division championship. 

11 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It would still really surprise me if Gebbia plays this year....unless there are injuries.

Agreed, I wouldn't put much stock in that comment one way or another. It's all situational, it's impossible to predict.... Even with injuries, it's all about timing. If it's early in the season, like week 3 or 4 or something, then yeah play him. But if it's Thanksgiving weekend and he still has his RS, then maybe rely on a walk-on QB and/or some wildcat-offense with DPE or someone at that point.