Where we are

Redux

1 hour ago, GamingGlen said:

So... you're saying we suck?

Sucks probably a little harsh....But then again if we actually go 3-9 or 4-8..........I don't think it's the players. That's the odd part.  On paper, we are the best recruited class in the West and 3rd or 4th in the East.  Throw in Bo, with about equal classes, and he was 7 years of 9 wins....I really think it's the staff. Play calling, scheme etc can make good guys play bad.  It appears, in Diaco's, much like Bo's, the defense is dependent upon every guy making the correct read and fit.  If not we see things like Wisky ram it down our throat........Offensively, hard to show case RB talent when it's dive up the venter's butt.....

I think we have also seen the benefit of starting younger kids over "starters" i.e. Decker, Jaimes, Stilles etc.....  Maybe they have more "raw" athletic ability.

We can get talent, we just can't develop it....IMHO

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, lo country said:

Just doing the simple eye ball test, we are no where near the elite or even top tier in any power 5 conference.  We look slow, penalty prone, disorganized, not as "massive or muscular on OL, unable to execute the basic fundamentals of football 101 etc.....

No doubt.  Huskers look like a bad team.  

And remember, the eyeball test gives a lot more insight into the coaching than it does the raw talent of the players.  Nobody would've looked at the '98 Sooners and said they were a bunch of poorly coached future national champions.

Edited by Isle of View
  • Plus1 2