Where we are

Redux

5 hours ago, huskerfan92 said:

This is one of the absolute dumbest things being thrown around on this board. The Luke Fickell situation is completely different he was taking over a program that was going through NCAA allegations. Having a lame duck coach for a full season? That's ludicrous, and would kill a full year of recruiting. Who cares what the schedule looks like, WIsconsin just last year had to play LSU, at Michigan and Ohio St. All they did was go out and make the Big 10 championship. 

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, neepster said:

All this speculation around having a patsy coach for 2018 due to an tough schedule is nuts.  No one will care if Frost comes in and has a not so good first year.  Heck, people will assume that is the way it will go first year of a new coach.  No one will hold that against him.  The key point is you have to get him now,  cause there ain't no second chances on this one.

No one will care?  Ha, right.

It's more likely Riley stays or we hire a guy after doubling the offer.  Again, assuming that right now is the window to get a Frost, it might be premature, then what?

8 minutes ago, Redux said:

No one will care?  Ha, right.

It's more likely Riley stays or we hire a guy after doubling the offer.  Again, assuming that right now is the window to gst a Frost, it might be premature, then what?

My main concern is Frost not wanting  to leave UCF after this season. If we've already fired Riley and Frost says I'm waiting another year we are kinda screwed unless there are other quality canidates available. 

On the where we are topic...

Why does every CFB team I watch seem so far ahead of Nebraska?

I watch about 1 to 3 games per week (or portions thereof) in addition to the Husker’s games and I’m convinced every team I’ve watched this season would take us behind the woodshed. Today’s edition is Clemson-Syracuse. 

Are we really that bad or do I have some weird dissatisfied fan thing going on?

• Plus1 4
12 minutes ago, El Diaco said:

On the where we are topic...

Why does every CFB team I watch seem so far ahead of Nebraska?

I watch about 1 to 3 games per week (or portions thereof) in addition to the Husker’s games and I’m convinced every team I’ve watched this season would take us behind the woodshed. Today’s edition is Clemson-Syracuse. 

Are we really that bad or do I have some weird dissatisfied fan thing going on?

I wouldn't want to play Syracuse.  We are bad.  What's really frustrating is when players go down, especially QB, the replacement comes in and looks well prepared.  Clemson replacement QB tonight isn't a good example though.  The other frustrating thing is the Clemson players look much bigger and more athletic than Syracuse but there they are, competing.

• Plus1 1

30 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

I wouldn't want to play Syracuse.  We are bad.  What's really frustrating is when players go down, especially QB, the replacement comes in and looks well prepared.  Clemson replacement QB tonight isn't a good example though.  The other frustrating thing is the Clemson players look much bigger and more athletic than Syracuse but there they are, competing.

That’s what I say about every team I’m watching, “I wouldn’t want to play.....” I mean I understand Clemson being ranked #2 and former NC and all but Syracuse, WSU, ISU, Oklahoma, every Florida team........I’m trying to think of a team I’ve watched this year that I don’t honestly think would spank us and I’ve got bupkis. Well, I take that back-Northwestern. And it doesn’t appear to be in the bag at all but it does seem like maybe our one and only chance remaining. I’m really disillusioned.

Just now, El Diaco said:

That’s what I say about every team I’m watching, “I wouldn’t want to play.....” I mean I understand Clemson being ranked #2 and former NC and all but Syracuse, WSU, ISU, Oklahoma, every Florida team........I’m trying to think of a team I’ve watched this year that I don’t honestly think would spank us and I’ve got bupkis. Well, I take that back-Northwestern. And it doesn’t appear to be in the bag at all but it does seem like maybe our one and only chance remaining. I’m really disillusioned.

I watched the Ark St. game, didn't like what I saw.  I mostly watched good teams play and couldn't stomach watching DONU.  Sampled the Illinois game, saw that we are still playing bad.  Next game I'll watch will be Purdue but I'm actually somewhat optimistic for the rest of the season.  Maybe if I had watched more of our games I wouldn't be.  I saw some good things from Tanner in ArK St. game and I believe he'll start playing better. Riley and Langsdorf live and die by the pass so if they can start completing a slightly higher %, that will make enough of a difference.  My expectations as a fan are to be competitive in every game and play hard to the end.  Yea, sometimes games get away from you but we all know the difference.  I know Riley and crew will never meet those expectations just as I knew Bo couldn't his last few years.  When it gets so bad that I can't watch our games, that just shouldn't happen.  We'll have a new coach next season and if he can coach up the talent we have and change the team mentality, recruiting will improve and hopefully within a few years we'll get to a point where we don't enter a game like tomorrow knowing it will be a blowout.

1 hour ago, El Diaco said:

Per Sagarin:

Nebraska - 49

Clemson - 3

Syracuse - 68

WSU - 15

ISU - 45

Oklahoma - 8

Florida - 34

Florida State - 14

Miami - 13

UCF - 21

USF - 38

Florida Atlantic - 89

Florida International - 160

So you're WAAAAY off.  It's nowhere near EVERY Florida team.

43 minutes ago, Redux said:

We could smoke FIU baby!  I think we would cover against FAU.

#Relevance

I dunno, maybe FIU. :)   Can NU handle the heat and humidity of FL summer if they came to play down here?   Still 88+ degrees and humid.  (sigh, I miss Midwestern autumn) 

9 hours ago, Mavric said:

Per Sagarin:

Nebraska - 49

Clemson - 3

Syracuse - 68

WSU - 15

ISU - 45

Oklahoma - 8

Florida - 34

Florida State - 14

Miami - 13

UCF - 21

USF - 38

Florida Atlantic - 89

Florida International - 160

So you're WAAAAY off.  It's nowhere near EVERY Florida team.

But aren't Florida Atlantic and Florida International airline hostess schools?

54 minutes ago, lo country said:

Just doing the simple eye ball test, we are no where near the elite or even top tier in any power 5 conference.  We look slow, penalty prone, disorganized, not as "massive or muscular on OL, unable to execute the basic fundamentals of football 101 etc.....

So... you're saying we suck?

1 hour ago, Hayseed said:

But aren't Florida Atlantic and Florida International airline hostess schools?

HAH!   I'll have to taunt my FAU and FIU grad friends that.  If I can find any (it's not like they wear sports clothing advertising such)

Edited by GamingGlen