What did we learn?....Penn State

Saunders

15 hours ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

I never said you did. However, look around at this board and many others do.

I don't have contempt for Riley.  I find his coaching to be seriously lacking, but I don't hold him in contempt.  My contempt is our former AD and Pearlman.  SE was worse than incompetent at his job... he was so bad he was incapable of seeing how bad he was.  They call it the the Dunning-Kruger effect.  Where people of low ability have a cognitive bias of superiority and cannot then accurately assess their own performance.  Certain recent governmental leaders have it too, with similar disastrous results.

Anyway, I agree with you that Riley is not to 'blame' for this mess.  He came in, did his best, and failed.  But he was always going to do that.  SE was a moron for failing to see that was by far the most likely outcome.  SE is horrible and possibly even a Wisconsin mole designed to destroy Nebraska football (well maybe not, but it sure seems like it).

• Plus1 2

On 11/19/2017 at 11:44 PM, Mavric said:

It's the outlier season.  I'm not saying it's right, but it's crossed my mind.

If you'd like to see a lot of bad narratives, may I suggest the "Mike Riley Hired As Nebraska Coach" thread.

Interestingly, Sam McKewon hinted at this briefly in the latest Pick Six podcast.