• Announcements

• Mavric

*NEW* Husker Football Commits - DE Casey Rogers, RB Miles Jones, WR Dominick Watt   01/16/2018

Huskers get a commitments from   Avon, Connecticut Defensive End Casey Rogers Fort Lauderdale, Florida Running Back/Wide Receiver Miles Jones Hollywood, Florida Wide Receiver Dominick Watt   See the 2018 Class   Who's Next?
    • Mavric

The 2018 HuskerBoard Starting Lineup   01/17/2018

The 2018 HuskerBoard Starting Lineup is now live! Click HERE to read the rules, and look in the Contest Crib for nomination and voting threads throughout the next several weeks.   This is a great opportunity to say "thanks!" to your fellow HuskerBoard members for keeping you informed or entertained throughout the past year. Nominate your favorite HuskerBoard member today!
Sign in to follow this  
seaofred92

Nebrasketball Game #19- @ Penn State (Friday, January 12- 6pm- BTN)

What Will Be The Result Of The Game?  

17 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What Will Be The Result Of The Game?

• Nebraska win by single digits
    • Nebraska win by double digits
    • Penn State win by single digits
    • Penn State win by double digits

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/13/2018 at 12:12 AM

Just now, PaulCrewe said:

Will disagree when it is a lack of core rebounding principles.  You know find a different colored jersey and put a your body on him

Well sure...but in a zone you are covering an area...so when that shot goes up and you turn to find a guy you end up losing him lots of times.  I think the 1-3-1 makes it a little easier to rebound but, who knows.

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Well sure...but in a zone you are covering an area...so when that shot goes up and you turn to find a guy you end up losing him lots of times.  I think the 1-3-1 makes it a little easier to rebound but, who knows.

rebounding out of zone is always harder than out of man but it doesn't matter either way because the Huskers suck at rebounding either way

2 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

Hmmm.......

Another out of a time-out winner drawn up by Tim 

1 minute ago, seaofred92 said:

LMFAO Tim how do you not put someone on the ball at the end of the game?! That was beyond ridiculous

Timmy gonna Tim

4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I know How zone rebounding works but it falls back to the basics that this team lacks.  Another example, three guys trying to leak out on the break leaving 2 vs 3 often 4 on the glass.  They pull the same crap when playing man as well though

I’m sorry but Palmer can play the wing in this 1-3-1 as well as Jack.  Plus it gives you one more threat with the ball.  No clue as to why he wasn’t in at the end of regulation

I can't imagine you can handle the clock much worse than Miles did at the end of the entire game. Just freaking brutal. You can't call time out and let them get their defense set with that little time left. Right after the PSU make Watson was about to be streaking down the court wide open and wouldve gotten off a good look. Instead we heave it to Roby at half court and he doesn't even get a shot off. Its just ridiculous mismanagement of the clock and it shouldn't happen at this point in his coaching career. Absolutely ridiculous

4 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

I can't imagine you can handle the clock much worse than Miles did at the end of the entire game. Just freaking brutal. You can't call time out and let them get their defense set with that little time left. Right after the PSU make Watson was about to be streaking down the court wide open and wouldve gotten off a good look. Instead we heave it to Roby at half court and he doesn't even get a shot off. Its just ridiculous mismanagement of the clock and it shouldn't happen at this point in his coaching career. Absolutely ridiculous

whatever, we are not even this close if he did not decide to go to the zone. 

Just now, SouthLincoln Husker said:

whatever, we are not even this close if he did not decide to go to the zone. 

thats fine. It doesn't excuse the horrendous clock management at the end of both regulation and overtime. 

4 minutes ago, MileHighHusker said:

Glynn by himself four times in a row? why is McVeigh in there? I get Palmer had a bad first half...but I think we win this game if Palmer in there. 

I agree,  we had enough shooters on the floor. 

1 minute ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Disappears on win, but back on a loss. 

lol, might want to check the board more.. I was/am here when we win. Your obsession is showing again!

1 minute ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Don't flatter yourself

You are the one making your posts about me, your actions speak louder than your denial.

I'm willing to give Miles the benefit of the doubt at the end of regulation; that was a bullsh!t, hero ball decision by Watson. 

The rest of it? Garbage. They should have won this game in regulation. 

1 minute ago, MileHighHusker said:

We need to start scoring in the first half. 4 of the last 5 games we've scored 26 or less in the first half.

this x10000. Come out slow and flat every game. Especially on the road. Then get down 10+ and have to claw back. Its just not sustainable 

I will give them props.. When they get down they are able to claw their way back into it. We are not getting blown out as bad. Better talent, of course, is the reason behind that. We just need miles to do a better job in these close games.

Edited by Bornhusker

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/late-rally-falls-short-in-76-74-ot-loss-at-penn-st-

There was a point midway through the second half where it looked like the distraction caused by Jordy Tshimanga’s sudden departure had gotten to Nebraska’s players against Penn State on Friday night.

But trailing by as many as 16 points in the second half, the Huskers were able to rally back and send the game into overtime. The comeback would fall short in the end, however, as jumper by Tony Carr with 2.7 seconds left sealed a 76-74 victory for the Nittany Lions

While Nebraska’s ability to fight back and send the game into extra time was admirable, it didn’t lessen the sting one bit for head coach Tim Miles and his team.

The loss drops NU to 12-7 overall and 3-3 in Big Ten Conference play.

“It’s really disappointing that we come out with an opportunity to win a game like this and we just don’t come out with fire until we’re down 16 points midway through the second half,” Miles told the Husker Sports Network.

I can hope Miles would take the 1-3-1 that worked well and incorporate more trapping.  The athleticism and length that is on the floor when Roby is in could be SO effective.

12 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Lost 6 from fantam goal tends & another 10 from the line. 

That first one on duby looked to be a terrible call. I wonder why they don’t make that reviewable like they do if a toe is on the line for three pointers. Then wasn’t there another one where a penn state guy flat out grabbed the rim when the ball was up there to pop it out?

4 hours ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

That first one on duby looked to be a terrible call. I wonder why they don’t make that reviewable like they do if a toe is on the line for three pointers. Then wasn’t there another one where a penn state guy flat out grabbed the rim when the ball was up there to pop it out?

But we hit our ft & we win in regulation. 

11 hours ago, teachercd said:

Hope you all enjoyed your free money...I know I did...

Oh wait...I also took the unders...never mind.  I suck

CASHED on the spread.... lost my ML and my under... lost $1 on the game overall. Booooooooo Nebrasketball. 

17 minutes ago, Atbone95 said:

CASHED on the spread.... lost my ML and my under... lost $1 on the game overall. Booooooooo Nebrasketball. 

Those unders should have hit!

Hopefully you cashed large today taking Kentucky -2 at Vandy

Edited by teachercd

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/tshimanga-not-practicing-future-at-nu-remains-unclear

As if the turbulence created by Tshimanga's situation wasn't rough enough, Miles came under more fire after Nebraska's loss at Penn State for his decision to sit leading scorer James Palmer for all but seven minutes in the second half and all of overtime.

Palmer had clearly struggled all night, shooting just 1-of-9 from the field for a season-low five points, and Miles said that also included some defensive mistakes that only compounded his poor outing.

Add all of that to the fact that the Huskers made their second-half comeback without Palmer on the floor, he had no regrets about keeping the standout junior on the bench even when the game was on the line.

“I took him out earlier in the game for about 45 seconds and then put him back in because he’d made a couple errors," Miles said. "Any time a guy goes down and makes an offensive error, or a couple of them, coupled with a defensive error, and we’re on the road, I usually want to get their attention. 

"So we’ll either call a timeout or we’ll sub and just talk, really. I’ll say, ‘Here’s the issue, here’s what’s got to be solved, and it’s got to be solved now, all right? Next dead ball you’re going in for this guy.’ I just felt like even in the second half we were always missing on a defensive assignment or missing an easy shot. And quite frankly, we were making a run with other guys, so I just ran with them.”

While plenty of fans still question the decision to sit your best scorer and a player who's attempted 116 free throws this season - 54 more than any other Husker - Miles said Palmer would be back to being a key piece in NU's starting lineup next time out vs. Illinois on Monday.

“James is a go-to guy for us," Miles said. "I’m going to roll him out there and expect him to play great against Illinois and Michigan for us this week. It was just a tough night.”

Good way to follow up the victory Penn StAte.  Losing at home in OT to the severely short handed Minnesota team that just received their worst home ass whooping by Purdue.

This loss will be looked at pretty hard in a month or so