Can go ahead and lock in the Dec 1 game vs Akron now right?

seaofred92

16 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Akron may not be available.  They played in their Conference Championship last season.  They very well could this season as well. 

Schedule the absolute worst team possible.  Preferably from a warm weather school, and drag them up to Nebraska in December.

Little Mary's School for the Blind and Deaf? 

I'm going to guess that the mood of the board will slowly shift greatly between today and Friday. It usually does.

Biggest question really is, what is Martinez's injury status? Because honestly, Michigan State and Wisconsin both look like they're down a lot this year. We could win both of those games. 

If Martinez is back and is somewhere around 90% healthy against Michigan, I'd say don't schedule the 12/01 game.

Schedule a game for dec 1 no matter what. This team isn't going to be playing Ohio State that week and even if Nebraska is at 5 wins or 1 it could use an extra week of practice. This offense needs every practice it can get because outside of the first half against cu this offense has been bad. Sure doesn't look like 80 percent has been installed.

5 hours ago, The Dude said:

Schedule the absolute worst team possible.  Preferably from a warm weather school, and drag them up to Nebraska in December.

I don't know if Arkansas-Pinebluff is LITERALLY the worst team in division 1 football, but if they aren't they appear to be pretty damn close.

I also don't know if they have had any games cancelled, but they appear to really suck.

3 hours ago, Hans Gruber said:

I don't know if Arkansas-Pinebluff is LITERALLY the worst team in division 1 football, but if they aren't they appear to be pretty damn close.

I also don't know if they have had any games cancelled, but they appear to really suck.

Savannah State and Mississippi Valley State are the usual suspects.  Remember when Okie State had a running clock aginst Savannah State because OSU had 70 points in the 3rd quarter?  I've seen MVSU outside of Itta Bena, MS.  They have major funding problems, can see holes in the roof of buildings from the highway.  Jerry Rice would probably be a bit sad to see it.  I'd venture a guess that a MEAC or SWAC team is in the running most every year due to lack of funding.  I voted for TN State to play NU.  They have lost two games to weather and have the requisite bye on 10/27.  FCS teams usually gets around 500K me thinks.  Since it's short notice pay them 850K and see if they bite.