Derrick Walker

On 4/5/2023 at 6:37 PM, Mavric said:

The story always was he wasn't interested in basketball after college.

Perhaps he's changed his mind.

Well he started a trucking company in the peak of the freight market post-covid.  The bottom has completely fallen out of freight now so I imagine his pro basketball options are much better than trucking at this time.

I think Walker could possibly be a pro off the bench.  I like his inside presence.  Passing, blocking, some rebounding, soft touch, and big body type... If he can't bang and defend, he won't make it though.  It's a 3 point shooters league or layup/rebound game.  I think he could be a 7th/8th man in a rotation for a few seasons.  Or better, but that's up to him.  He's no Center or Small Forward, so it will be tough sledding to make it.  Wish him the best.

I saw talent in Brice McGowens, but I didn't think his game was ready to go pro. But that dude has played very well ! in his rookie season, and proved he belongs in the league.  So, I was way wrong about that.  I like his NBA game way more than his college game, if that makes sense.

11 hours ago, admo said:

I think Walker could possibly be a pro off the bench.  I like his inside presence.  Passing, blocking, some rebounding, soft touch, and big body type... If he can't bang and defend, he won't make it though.  It's a 3 point shooters league or layup/rebound game.  I think he could be a 7th/8th man in a rotation for a few seasons.  Or better, but that's up to him.  He's no Center or Small Forward, so it will be tough sledding to make it.  Wish him the best.

I saw talent in Brice McGowens, but I didn't think his game was ready to go pro. But that dude has played very well ! in his rookie season, and proved he belongs in the league.  So, I was way wrong about that.  I like his NBA game way more than his college game, if that makes sense.

I'm not sure he has an NBA future unless he starts shooting 3's effectively.  He didn't get much of a chance to shoot them at NU, but his stroke looks OK based on what I saw in warmups.  He definitely can play in Europe and make a lot of money with the skills he has shown.

• Oh Yeah! 1
21 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

I'm not sure he has an NBA future unless he starts shooting 3's effectively.  He didn't get much of a chance to shoot them at NU, but his stroke looks OK based on what I saw in warmups.  He definitely can play in Europe and make a lot of money with the skills he has shown.

Ya, Walker strikes me as an overseas guy. 

His size and skills just arent really set up for todays NBA game.

His age wont help him either. 

• Plus1 2