WR Ernest Campbell [Texas A&M - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

24 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Campbell commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

On 6/25/2023 at 12:46 PM, Huskerfollower4life said:

There is no way he is 150 pounds go look at his highlights.  He looks like 175ish.  On3 has him at 145 pounds like you would think you be like hey kid put on some weight and hit the weight room but I would say he has or is still putting on weight.

Rivals article from today said 5-8, 145.

But he's gotten some bumps up in the ratings.  Now a four-star in the 247 Composite.

Really interested in doing track in college.  Talked to the track coaches while he was here.

We told him we'd get the ball to him in all different ways, including returning kicks and punts.

Good friends with Brice Turner and Princewill Umanmielen.

Shocked there was more than cornfields.

Visited Texas A&M, Oregon and Texas Tech this month.  Not in a rush to commit.

4 hours ago, Mavric said:

Rivals article from today said 5-8, 145.

But he's gotten some bumps up in the ratings.  Now a four-star in the 247 Composite.

Really interested in doing track in college.  Talked to the track coaches while he was here.

We told him we'd get the ball to him in all different ways, including returning kicks and punts.

Good friends with Brice Turner and Princewill Umanmielen.

Shocked there was more than cornfields.

Do you think he is holding out for bigger offers?

1 hour ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Wasn't he suppose to commit somewhere today?  I thought it was for us but who knows :dunno

On 6/26/2023 at 4:43 PM, Mavric said:

I know there is a lot of excitement with tons of commits recently. But not all recruits are deciding right now. As to the post saying if he is waiting for bigger offers I don't think all players do this. He could be to an extent, but I think he wants to make the right choice between all the schools. It is a big decision for these guys, and being 100 percent sure isn't a bad thing to do.  

21 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

I know there is a lot of excitement with tons of commits recently. But not all recruits are deciding right now. As to the post saying if he is waiting for bigger offers I don't think all players do this. He could be to an extent, but I think he wants to make the right choice between all the schools. It is a big decision for these guys, and being 100 percent sure isn't a bad thing to do.  

That's very true.  I just get a sense that since he has speed for days that not a lot of big programs have noticed yet and if or when that happens it changes the whole conversation of I loved my visit and I plan on commit to that certain place to maybe I should take a look at a Alabama or a Clemson if they come calling.  Not saying it happens all the time with recruits just the ones that tend to draw the process out on a decision.

I'd still take him, but obviously not at all qualified to judge whether that's a good idea. I just know that Brandon Banks from K State was electric, and he weighed 149 at the NFL combine. Didn't play in the Big Ten (or SEC) though, and there probably aren't many other guys that light to work out. Plus I know they can project how much good weight kids can add pretty accurately now, so if you don't think you can get him to at least 175 its risky. 

Wasn't Josh Mitchell 130-something when he showed up? He had a bigger frame too though.

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Sounds like he's probably not going to be part of this class.  Was really hyped about Nebraska after his visit but seems not so much now.  

Kind of makes me wonder if we told him thanks but no thanks.

Wonder what happened there. Maybe the Montana WR took his spot?

2 minutes ago, Decked said:

Get another OT, EDGE, & LB we are in good shape so I’m fine with this 

Is it safe to say we are done taking WR recruits for this class? The portal could also giveth someone later on as well.

Kinda bummed by the fact that Nebraska decided to move on. However, other guys must be higher on the board and the WR room does need to be balanced out some with lots of recruits this cycle and true freshmen that will be on campus.

In 2024, the only JR/SR Wideouts are Betts(JR) and Isaiah G.C(SR). Could see Nebraska trying to snag someone with experience like a grad transfer or upperclassman from the portal. 

32 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

Is it safe to say we are done taking WR recruits for this class? The portal could also giveth someone later on as well.

Kinda bummed by the fact that Nebraska decided to move on. However, other guys must be higher on the board and the WR room does need to be balanced out some with lots of recruits this cycle and true freshmen that will be on campus.

In 2024, the only JR/SR Wideouts are Betts(JR) and Isaiah G.C(SR). Could see Nebraska trying to snag someone with experience like a grad transfer or upperclassman from the portal. 

We already have 4 WRs in this class. I thought maybe a fifth was best guy available. I get it though. Already high in numbers and we still need those three positions above. 

11 minutes ago, Decked said:

We already have 4 WRs in this class. I thought maybe a fifth was best guy available. I get it though. Already high in numbers and we still need those three positions above. 

Got it, thought Ernest was a solid player. He definitely has a ton of speed. 

I think Nebraska portals for another WR unless it is Bair- who Nebraska will not see for 2 years. 

• Mavric changed the title to WR Ernest Campbell [Texas A&M Commit]
  • Mavric changed the title to WR Ernest Campbell [Texas A&M - Signed LOI]