Ruud or Octavien?

Word on the street is that Octavian came into camp 15 pounds overweight, and that Ruud has outworked him. Ruud is a proven player, Octavian is not.

What street is this? The paper reported he was 241 before his surgery, 233 afterwards. That's right where the coaches wanted him.

I don't think Ruud starting is a bad thing. He is a damn good player, he really stepped up last year. Octavien is going to play a bunch and it may be a week to week thing as to who starts depending upon who has the better practices. For right now, I am sure Octavien is still trying to get his legs under him from having surgery. We are blessed to have a guy waiting in the wings like Ruud.

Word on the street is that Octavian came into camp 15 pounds overweight, and that Ruud has outworked him. Ruud is a proven player, Octavian is not.

What street is this? The paper reported he was 241 before his surgery, 233 afterwards. That's right where the coaches wanted him.

I don't think Ruud starting is a bad thing. He is a damn good player, he really stepped up last year. Octavien is going to play a bunch and it may be a week to week thing as to who starts depending upon who has the better practices. For right now, I am sure Octavien is still trying to get his legs under him from having surgery. We are blessed to have a guy waiting in the wings like Ruud.

I remember reading an article that said he lost that weight, but wants to get down to 225.

:blink:

They're co no 1's, really. They are pretty much equal in speed, but Octavien is bigger.

They are both great linebackers, but this is the first I heard of Octavien being overweight. Like DJR said, I thought that's right where the coaches want him.

Who lives on that street? :smokin

They are both great linebackers, but this is the first I heard of Octavien being overweight. Like DJR said, I thought that's right where the coaches want him.

Who lives on that street? :smokin

Maybe the two of you ought to listen to Husker's Ill. Sean Callahan who has reported it at least twice on the radio in the past couple of days.

Maybe he has no idea what he's talking about, though. :wacko:

Maybe the two of you ought to listen to Husker's Ill. Sean Callahan who has reported it at least twice on the radio in the past couple of days.

Maybe he has no idea what he's talking about, though. :wacko:

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=528&u_...3&u_sid=2230065

This article says that he is 233 right now with a goal of 225. I am not sure I would say that he was 15 lbs over weight, because that is where he was last year and in the spring. Regardless, I think him and Ruud are still even and it was the appendix surgery that separated them.